Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

I really like the grey Agnelli and I am excited about having it made up, either as a DB, or as a SB three piece ala Slewfoot. I'm not sure about the blue Agnelli, it's lighter in color than I'd wanted. I may have it made up as a SB peaked lapel, or as a SB 3 roll 2 jacket. The Marvin check is beautiful, but it is definitely a FU fabric as the scale is rather large. The houndstooth Shetland is very spongy and rough, if that makes sense. Its scale is also on the larger side, but I'm looking forward to having it made up as a jacket. I really like the Zelander, it looks like a straightforward fabric, but it has great depth and for an Italian, surprising heft.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012

2. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Who's your source in North America for Loro Piana?

3. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Ok I am having a heart attack now

4. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

I bought that at the Soifer Haskin Loro Piana Sale last year. They have them twice a year in NY and they have several dozen bolts of cloth on hand for sale. I also bought a length of dark brown cashmere with a faint rust over check that NSM has made up in to a jacket. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

5. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Great stuff all around with those fabrics. My houndstooth just got shipped to Steed. Might make a county-style jacket out of it. Not totally sure yet.

6. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

I'm waiting to have my fitting on the LL Fox flannel chalk stripe with Edwin next month and depending on how that turns out, all of these, save the LP, will likely to go Steed. I really like the pics you've recently posted, your stuff looks great.

7. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

The Agnelli re-run is ready as you speak. I would definitely have a pair of pants make to go with your coat. This cloth would work more as a suit than as a sports coat imho. Even you don't wear a suit often you'll still have the added option when the occasion calls for it.

8. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Awesome! Let me know when your appointment is and we'll see if we can overlap for a bit.

Thanks and glad you like them! Steed has been doing a great job recently.

9. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I would like to make my RAF blue Agnelli as a 3 piece but only have enough for a 2 piece. Are you planning to make yours as an odd jacket?

10. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Not sure yet, it's definitely down in the queue of stuff to make up. It's not something I can wear to work. I have a jacket made from a fabric in the Hardy book that is similar to the blue Agnelli, so I'm probably not going to have it made up as a jacket. It'll be a suit, just not sure when or what form.

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Good for you! :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012

12. forex

forex Senior member

I think I will do that, I am a bit concerned about the shades though, not sure if the fabrics from two separate runs will be identical.

13. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Any recommendations for a navy herringbone? Somewith with a pretty hard finish?

14. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Something like a Cheviot similar to P&H Hartwist? I would have a hard time imagining that W. Bill wouldn't have one. Did you stop by their basement to view possibilities? Being in London, you have no excuse not to! :^)

15. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Saw a nice navy herringbone in the Lesser 13oz book, probably slightly lighter than true navy which I think is actually preferable. However, I vaguely recall GDL had one made up in that fabric and wasnt a fan...