• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some amazing cloths in that collection.

Screenshot (1847).png
Screenshot (1849).png
Screenshot (1851).png
Screenshot (1852).png

Bespoke DJP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
because it will be phased out and discontinued

After having checked with 3 tailors (including my own) in Athens, I can attest that "Pecora Nera" never got much love from clients of bespoke tailoring; the same was confirmed by my cloth merchants, being the cloth representatives of Loro Piana in Greece.

FWIW, through the years from the line's launch 'till now, I have seen - on-line - a lot of garments using the said fabrics which were produced via the MTM route; I presume that the sales record was not satisfactory for the Company!

Best,

Dimitris

fasyionewbie

Reaction score
Yes, the humidity in Singapore is relentless year-round and the air-con indoors seems to be set to freezing everywhere. There are other places in SE Asia where it's just as humid and even hotter, but without the ubiquitous a/c.
I seconded this, even without a jacket just a shirt and trousers spending anywhere outside for more than 3 minutes will make one sweat uncontrollably.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be dabbling into the realm of summer jacketing. The first one I was a smarter jacket, perhaps a dark navy hopsack/mesh/basketweave that's 8-10 oz. Ideally looser weave w/ more noticeable texture and no sheen. I did some digging and found Holland sherry Mesh & Hopsack Blazers bunch 3024011 & Drapers Montecarlo bunch. Anyone with any suggestions? Thanks!
There are many good options here but my favorite is Minnis Mockleno.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seconded this, even without a jacket just a shirt and trousers spending anywhere outside for more than 3 minutes will make one sweat uncontrollably.
How does Singapore compare to Florida?

constansmulciber

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been answered before (tried searching but couldn't find the answer). I'd love to get a linen suit from fabric like WB61322 as I like the slightly warmer tone. However, I live in a very hot and humid climate (over 100f). I compromised all things considered upon Dugdale Natural Elements 7311 which is a touch lighter. However this is now out of stock with them and they didn't seem to have plans to restock. I read that a lot of their stuff is made by Spence Bryson but wasn't sure about which line/fabric was the correct analogue if so. I'd really appreciate any suggestions anyone had about a fabric recommendation.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favourites are bateman ogden bay mockleno or the mohair mockleno from halstead (very little sheen) purely because they have the exact shade of navy I like
Hi all,

I will be dabbling into the realm of summer jacketing. The first one I was a smarter jacket, perhaps a dark navy hopsack/mesh/basketweave that's 8-10 oz. Ideally looser weave w/ more noticeable texture and no sheen. I did some digging and found Holland sherry Mesh & Hopsack Blazers bunch 3024011 & Drapers Montecarlo bunch. Anyone with any suggestions? Thanks!

ZRH1

Reaction score

whilst heat perception is personal, I think Singapore is not that hot. For instance, if one does office work, a morning commute is well under 30 degrees, offices are at times fridges, then finally in the evening a commute can be in balmy weather again.

Also, on the topic of perception, there are locals that find sub 20 degrees AC as being perfectly normal to survive. Whilst others, from the same country, live without any issues in more traditional housing, without AC, which for me goes to show that AC in Asia is sometimes perceived to be a bit of a luxury that one can flaunt. It also has to be said, that if you work for ours in a very cooled down environment and then you head out for lunch, the effect might be very stark.

Since this is a thread for cloth. My conclusion is that Singapore is not that tough, of course a longer walk in the sun might be an issue for a suit/jacket wearer, but then the same person might literally die in the Florence heat during Pitti or Tokyo during summer (I won't even mention Dubai), so I wanted to put some perspective. Also, on a a final note, whenever I go somewhere a bit fancier, I always bring a suit/jacket, since the temperatures inside restaurant and bars can be quite chilly indeed.

sake99

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been answered before (tried searching but couldn't find the answer). I'd love to get a linen suit from fabric like WB61322 as I like the slightly warmer tone. However, I live in a very hot and humid climate (over 100f). I compromised all things considered upon Dugdale Natural Elements 7311 which is a touch lighter. However this is now out of stock with them and they didn't seem to have plans to restock. I read that a lot of their stuff is made by Spence Bryson but wasn't sure about which line/fabric was the correct analogue if so. I'd really appreciate any suggestions anyone had about a fabric recommendation.

Have you tried the Italian mills like Solbiati and Caccioppoli? They tend to do lighter weight linens in nice warm shades (asides from Art du Lin). Fox Linen has 9oz weight linens too

epsilon22

Reaction score
Yeah Singapore doesn't get that hot compared to desert climate or some landlocked regions that regularly see 40C+ heat waves.

The regular 30C+ and high humidity makes it similar to Florida in the summer though (just double-checked the temps with wiki to make sure my mind wasn't making things up).

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Singapore doesn't get that hot compared to desert climate or some landlocked regions that regularly see 40C+ heat waves.

The regular 30C+ and high humidity makes it similar to Florida in the summer though (just double-checked the temps with wiki to make sure my mind wasn't making things up).
That sounds right. Florida is also a tropical climate.

In Singapore does it also rain like crazy in the afternoons, after which it gets better after the rain? (The way I always describe it, think about a pressure cooker & releasing the steam.)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy