• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrChris

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys!
Due to my work environment, if I'm gonna wear a winow pane suit it has to be something subtle. Something as in TRINI's first picture might fly, the gentleman in the second picture are working in the Swedish fashion industry and is known for excentric outfit including the extremely short pants.

GucciKid

Reaction score
I really want to have a look at the London Lounge cloth selection, and have registered with two different emails and have not yet been authorized by an administrator.

Have waited about two weeks. Are they not accepting new forum registrants or what?

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my Foxx flannel DB is one of my favourite suits, it's a great cloth that works really well as a suit IMO.
edit:- The check looks a little bolder and the blue a touch lighter in the fit pic.

more true to life.
-TTO

Last edited:

E TF

Reaction score

I really want to have a look at the London Lounge cloth selection, and have registered with two different emails and have not yet been authorized by an administrator.

Have waited about two weeks. Are they not accepting new forum registrants or what?

There used to be a pinned post over there with instructions for new registrants to follow (as I recall you were asked basically to introduce yourself a bit in the email, not just ask to become a member) - but it looks like that post has been removed. This suggests that they might not be accepting new members at the moment I'm afraid. Worth keeping your eye out to see if that changes.

Plestor

Reaction score

There used to be a pinned post over there with instructions for new registrants to follow (as I recall you were asked basically to introduce yourself a bit in the email, not just ask to become a member) - but it looks like that post has been removed. This suggests that they might not be accepting new members at the moment I'm afraid. Worth keeping your eye out to see if that changes.

I just check the members registery and there has been plenty of new members of late. I don't know whats up with that.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That looks wonderful. Are you in the position to compare this Fox flannel to Minnis flannel? I have some of the latter and would say they are pretty sturdy. Wonder what the Fox ones are like.

The 13-14oz. ones are pretty sturdy and comparable to the Minnis, the 10-11oz. are less so.

TTO: Beautiful suit - is that from John DeBoise?

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not this one no, second hand, made up by the Martin Greenfield factory for 'The Custom Shop', the navy is one of the 10 / 11 Oz ones, the trousers have suffered a little from this I think, they certainly have worn a little quicker than expected & a lot quicker than I would have liked. I need to get some more made up. I may try the grey window pane check at some point as well It's really nice & at 13 / 14 Oz, a lot sturdier according to my friends in the trade.
-TTO

LEVOOSH

Reaction score

Any particular reason you're not going with gray buttons? I wouldn't do contrasted buttons on that fabric, or really a suit at all.

Consider this advice from Manton

Thank you both. I will consider the grey buttons, what material is used? Mother of pearl or horn?

In respect of the makeup - I was thinking about a three piece SB as the extra warmth would be seasonally appropriate, but I work in conservative business dress environment and cant see wearing the vest without prompting a few looks, so I think I will go with the 2 pc but consider the vest as an addition down the line.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not this one no, second hand, made up by the Martin Greenfield factory for 'The Custom Shop', the navy is one of the 10 / 11 Oz ones, the trousers have suffered a little from this I think, they certainly have worn a little quicker than expected & a lot quicker than I would have liked. I need to get some more made up. I may try the grey window pane check at some point as well It's really nice & at 13 / 14 Oz, a lot sturdier according to my friends in the trade.
-TTO

Thanks - fits very well for a second-hand mtm job!

Have you posted any of your DeBoise suits in other threads?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That looks wonderful. Are you in the position to compare this Fox flannel to Minnis flannel? I have some of the latter and would say they are pretty sturdy. Wonder what the Fox ones are like.

I agree that TTO's DB is killer

While I haven't made up anything from Fox yet, I did have a few meters of fabric for a while plus their book. Minnis is more sturdy with a bit of that cardboard type feel (I mean that in a good way). The Fox stuff is softer and more spongy. Both very nice. The Fox is a touch more elegant while the Minnis more rustic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads