Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

I love the LL linens. So far I'm in for an oats SC, chambray shirting, and the mocha suit. But it probably won't stop there.

2. MrChris

MrChris Senior member

Thanks for the input guys!
    Due to my work environment, if I'm gonna wear a winow pane suit it has to be something subtle. Something as in TRINI's first picture might fly, the gentleman in the second picture are working in the Swedish fashion industry and is known for excentric outfit including the extremely short pants.

3. GucciKid

GucciKid Senior member

I really want to have a look at the London Lounge cloth selection, and have registered with two different emails and have not yet been authorized by an administrator.

Have waited about two weeks. Are they not accepting new forum registrants or what?

4. TTO

TTO Senior member

[​IMG]
    my Foxx flannel DB is one of my favourite suits, it's a great cloth that works really well as a suit IMO.
    edit:- The check looks a little bolder and the blue a touch lighter in the fit pic.
    [​IMG]
    more true to life.
    -TTO

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

5. E TF

E TF Senior member

There used to be a pinned post over there with instructions for new registrants to follow (as I recall you were asked basically to introduce yourself a bit in the email, not just ask to become a member) - but it looks like that post has been removed. This suggests that they might not be accepting new members at the moment I'm afraid. Worth keeping your eye out to see if that changes.

6. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

That looks wonderful. Are you in the position to compare this Fox flannel to Minnis flannel? I have some of the latter and would say they are pretty sturdy. Wonder what the Fox ones are like.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

7. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

Agreed, beautiful suit TTO.

8. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

I just check the members registery and there has been plenty of new members of late. I don't know whats up with that.

9. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

Thanks! I haven't seen the new Fox Flannel yet but would love to get my hands on some. I believed you can ask for samples from Fox.

10. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

The 13-14oz. ones are pretty sturdy and comparable to the Minnis, the 10-11oz. are less so.

TTO: Beautiful suit - is that from John DeBoise?

11. TTO

TTO Senior member

not this one no, second hand, made up by the Martin Greenfield factory for 'The Custom Shop', the navy is one of the 10 / 11 Oz ones, the trousers have suffered a little from this I think, they certainly have worn a little quicker than expected & a lot quicker than I would have liked. I need to get some more made up. I may try the grey window pane check at some point as well It's really nice & at 13 / 14 Oz, a lot sturdier according to my friends in the trade.
    -TTO

12. LEVOOSH

LEVOOSH Senior member

Thank you both. I will consider the grey buttons, what material is used? Mother of pearl or horn?

In respect of the makeup - I was thinking about a three piece SB as the extra warmth would be seasonally appropriate, but I work in CBD environment and cant see wearing the vest without prompting a few looks, so I think I will go with the 2 pc but consider the vest as an addition down the line.

13. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

Thanks - fits very well for a second-hand mtm job!

Have you posted any of your DeBoise suits in other threads?

14. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Not sure why, but I'm particularly fond of peak lapels on linen odd jackets. I think any of the odd jackets I have made up will be peak-lapelled. Will probably vary the pocket styles though. Thoughts on peak lapels with linen odd jackets?

15. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

I agree that TTO's DB is killer

While I haven't made up anything from Fox yet, I did have a few meters of fabric for a while plus their book. Minnis is more sturdy with a bit of that cardboard type feel (I mean that in a good way). The Fox stuff is softer and more spongy. Both very nice. The Fox is a touch more elegant while the Minnis more rustic.