• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which barleycorn is this? I have such a soft spot for barleycorn. Thanks.

-DL
Crispyj got it. It's Escorial wool. I wanted a larger scale barleycorn that wasn't tweed. That turns out to be a rarity. Escorial has grey, brown, green, and I think two blues. The green would make up really nicely. Escorial is lovely stuff--light and very soft but with some visual texture.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got a DJ in the black barathea-- 11oz or maybe less. Obviously, I'm not testing it all day at the office, but it is surprisingly robust. The springiness of the Escorial fiber and (more than likely) careful selection make it worth trying.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
I got a DJ in the black barathea-- 11oz or maybe less. Obviously, I'm not testing it all day at the office, but it is surprisingly robust. The springiness of the Escorial fiber and (more than likely) careful selection make it worth trying.
You have peaked my curiosity. What is the handle of it?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna get tailor started tomorrow on a 6x2 DB suit in Fox City glencheck with red deco as such tomorrow:

SmartSelect_20220930-134734_Chrome.jpg

Thoughts on ticket pockets on DB suits? I never have before - I'm a large person and generally feel like my DB jackets have enough going on. Alternate viewpoints?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was always intrigued by Escorial wool, but always hesitant to select it due to the bunches being very lightweight
Though it is renowned for its strength/durability in relation to weight, I find myself thinking the same. Helluva odd critique, but it almost feels too previous to imagine as pants. That said, everything I've seen in Escorial retains its shape extremely well
Gonna get tailor started tomorrow on a 6x2 DB suit in Fox City glencheck with red deco as such tomorrow:

View attachment 1838423

Thoughts on ticket pockets on DB suits? I never have before - I'm a large person and generally feel like my DB jackets have enough going on. Alternate viewpoints?
You're a thiccboi, right? I'd probably forego, all things considered. and go for jetted on the normal hip pockets.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1838423

No ticket pocket.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do extremely slanted pockets.

IMG_0517 (1)0.jpg IMG_05160.jpg

View attachment 1838423

Attachments

Last edited:

reidd

Reaction score

View attachment 1838423

For this, I’d personally go for jetted pockets. In fact, it might even be cool to have a jetted ticket pocket! But definitely no flaps.. cloth is quite a statement alone and will be doubly so in DB. I find flaps always add unwanted fuss and bulk to the silhouette and it’s especially true with patterned cloths. I do Love the cloth though. Should be really great made up. Who will you have make it?

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1838423

DB jackets have enough going on. No ticket pocket.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oplredws4