• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a dark forest green tweed jacket and it's certainly the most versatile piece I have in my winter wardrobe. It goes with everything from smart cream trousers to denim. So, please let me strongly disagree with your assertion. When you go green, go dark.
Psssst.... I'm trying to get that guy to sell me the fabric.... :fu:

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
However, I can tell you where I got my length from. Jean Manuel Moreau in Paris about a year ago, maybe he has some still there, its worth a shot. I contacted him via Instagram after inquired with other fabric enthusiasts here about said drop and their advice to talk to him was spot on. Alternatively you could try to call Lafayette Saltiel in Paris, they're Fox's agent for the french market and retain many wonderful fabrics and might have a bunch still there. Worth a shot.
1664399477190.png

You are welcome!

Dimitris

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
That's my jacket!
Quite different tbh, more green and no orange.

Excuse the t-shirt. The back is a bit snug, need to let out some when the Steed chaps visit NYC in a week or two.
View attachment 1837679
View attachment 1837680
Hey! I got the same fabric from Steed as well! Definitely can't wait to get mine back from alterations and to have cool enough weather to really break it in.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's my jacket!
Quite different tbh, more green and no orange.

Excuse the t-shirt. The back is a bit snug, need to let out some when the Steed chaps visit NYC in a week or two.
View attachment 1837679
View attachment 1837680
Some honest feedback from a Steed customer. The pattern, lapel width, and ticket pockets are too much on this jacket. If you are going to insist on the FU lapels use a solid pattern. As it stands right now there are too many bells and whistles.

Notice how everything flows together on this jacket from Steed?
5D6E4943-8F78-4272-AC18-C77A97E82A66.jpeg

You’ll find your harmony with your tailor around coat #11.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some honest feedback from a Steed customer. The pattern, lapel width, and ticket pockets are too much on this jacket. If you are going to insist on the FU lapels use a solid pattern. As it stands right now there are too many bells and whistles.

Notice how everything flows together on this jacket from Steed?
View attachment 1837767

You’ll find your harmony with your tailor around coat #11.
It's their default width? I don't recall asking for wide lapels exactly.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's their default width? I don't recall asking for wide lapels exactly.
Maybe they are making jackets with wide lapels these days. My first order was 9 years ago and the lapels were restrained. I've asked them to increase the lapel width on newer orders. However, my most recent order was a suit and had the default lapel width from 9 years ago.

Again, I am not a fan of the cloth you originally ordered but if it works for you wear it in good health. Just be aware of the stylistic choices and cloths you pick for future orders.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are making jackets with wide lapels these days. My first order was 9 years ago and the lapels were restrained. I've asked them to increase the lapel width on newer orders. However, my most recent order was a suit and had the default lapel width from 9 years ago.

Again, I am not a fan of the cloth you originally ordered but if it works for you wear it in good health. Just be aware of the stylistic choices and cloths you pick for future orders.
I've noticed a lot more pictures of bellied lapels in the past couple of years compared to some older shots (which I think is present in your 2 examples as well)

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot more pictures of bellied lapels in the past couple of years compared to some older shots (which I think is present in your 2 examples as well)
Lapel width and bellied lapels are two different categories.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I remember trying to have a discussion with Edwin about slimming my lapels down just a hair. It went nowhere. He is a 'rock of eye' man, and if you're not as slim as he is, he'll make sure you have lots of stuff covering your chest.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the lapels on @Crispyj 's jacket. But I've also been thinking about having Edwin slightly increase the size of my lapels.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badger716