• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A Japanese dude pretending to be a careless Italian? That's got to be one of the fashion shows.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

I am looking for an allround, 3 season light grey wool with a very subtle glencheck pattern. To be worn with a heavy navy Fresco (3-ply) jacket.

Inspiration, but may even be less noticable:

View attachment 1824601

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
That is one of the most unflattering fits that still looks pretty expensive, I have ever seen.

MrBokito

Reaction score
Hahaha. I know. It was a hell of a job to find some examples to address the combo I have in mind. So an oversized and a slim n short fit it is.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once again would like your informed suggestions on something. I’m in need of a navy cloth for a three piece suit that’ll be worn for my wedding. It’ll likely be an outdoor affair (but wonderful weather). I’m told it won’t be “super formal.” No tuxedos in sight. Groomsmen will be in medium gray suits.

That said- navy recommendations? It’ll be in the rotation as a workwear suit afterwards.
Dormeuil Tonik (or whatever they call the non-90% mohair now or something of that ilk.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I once again would like your informed suggestions on something. I’m in need of a navy cloth for a three piece suit that’ll be worn for my wedding. It’ll likely be an outdoor affair (but wonderful weather). I’m told it won’t be “super formal.” No tuxedos in sight. Groomsmen will be in medium gray suits.

That said- navy recommendations? It’ll be in the rotation as a workwear suit afterwards.
Your wedding, and you have to take it on faith about the level of formality?

If you insist on navy, there are lots of options. Much depends on exactly how warm it is.

Since it is a social suit going back into the workwear rotation, probably plain or very subtle pattern. No stripes, but herringbone, nailheads, or discreet POW could work. Birdseye, too. I am thinking of getting a midweight navy suit for evenings out, and have considered the Escorial 11oz birdseye.
If not that, there are lots of warhorses. Lesser 8/9oz, Harrisons Frontier, Minnis Fresco (10oz), Finmeresco 3-ply (the lighter stuff). If you have thinner blood or cooler temperatures, Lesser 13oz.

camez_

Reaction score
Hey Man!

I was looking at the 84815 22oz Camelhair.
Could you perhaps double check the price and shoot me a DM?

Thank you very much!
I already got you a very reasonable offer, just sayin.

Not even bought but thinking about this one for my next SC
looks quite amazing in real life:

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A number of guys have asked for a dark grey 0126 Rangoon as well so I’m going to post it here to see if we can get a small run in along with the dark navy (which has met MOQ) and ship them both out ETA mid August. Please PM if interested. Will send orders to the mill by the end of this week. Thanks.

For reference, the grey below the proposed 0126 is Oxford grey. 0126 is a dark grey with mottling.

View attachment 1797518
Quick update. There is a production delay on the navy and dark grey Rangoon runs. I am trying to get a new delivery date for them and will post it here as soon as I get more details. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Marshak

Reaction score
I already got you a very reasonable offer, just sayin.

Not even bought but thinking about this one for my next SC
looks quite amazing in real life:

Nice tweeds. Never heard of Marton Mills before you. Thanks.

camez_

Reaction score
Nice tweeds. Never heard of Marton Mills before you. Thanks.
i can introduce you to another one as soon as i have my hands on their range
otherwise, please refrain to the information shared in the dm

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick update. There is a production delay on the navy and dark grey Rangoon runs. I am trying to get a new delivery date for them and will post it here as soon as I get more details. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I've got a revised date of late September/early October for delivery of the navy and dark grey Rangoon runs. Apologies for the delay.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of us at northern latitudes, a delay is zero problem. Thanks for the update.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fixitulasan