• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has the famous LP Cotton Time book been discontinued? Two tailors have told me it is unavailable (but they’re both in France).

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently Simon Crompton released a cashmere plaid reminiscent of RL and it got me thinking I would like a very tonal and subtle plaid. His was just a bit too bright/bold for me, but are there any other books out there that are similar?

For reference, I really like this one below, not the styling, but the cloth on the coat which is an older RLPL:
44E32863-3792-43F1-9AF2-E5399A95F3BC.jpeg

-DL

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Recently Simon Crompton released a cashmere plaid reminiscent of RL and it got me thinking I would like a very tonal and subtle plaid. His was just a bit too bright/bold for me, but are there any other books out there that are similar?

For reference, I really like this one below, not the styling, but the cloth on the coat which is an older RLPL:
View attachment 1686994
-DL
Dunno if this counts as plaid, but Fox has a similar cloth in a fainter check

undertheskin

Reaction score

View attachment 1686994
-DL

urga just posted this^
might be interesting for you?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1686994
-DL
Seems like LP or Zegna would have something like that. I also think H&S might have a couple similar patterns.

krudsma

Reaction score
If I want to get a tweed suit made up, what properties of the cloth should I be looking for? I know most tweeds can bag easily if made into trousers, but are there some indicators I should look for that a certain cloth might be suitable for it? I've looked at some faux tweeds and while I like the way they look, I feel like I want something heavier. I had a jacket made in a 11oz Holland and Sherry herringbone tweed and while I love the way it looks, I wish it hung a little heavier.

paborden

Reaction score
Curious what other people thought of the SC cloth ... I was on the fence about it

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.