• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Admittedly not a blend (100% wool) but I have a suit in this:

It registers mostly solid until close inspection.

1634148886287.png

Tutu

Reaction score
That jacket turned out great. Nice colour and texture to the cloth. Any idea which reference this cloth is?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@dieworkwear (Derek) I think you were looking for a cloth similar to the LL 30’s Esquire tweed. Fox Brothers just released a new lighter weight tweed with barleycorn that is really nice and close to the LL.
View attachment 1685046
View attachment 1685044
-DL
Thanks! That does look really good. I was luckily able to secure a length of that LL tweed. Going to order two more items from I Sarti. If they go well, I think I'm going to give them that blue LL tweed.

The one in your hand looks great.

Tutu

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am finding a summer weight cloth for a blue blazer similar to the style in the photo.
This is a jacketing from Piacenza Arequipa blue 100% alpaca 310g. Any comments from a cloth with 100% alpaca?

other alternatives in my mind are
1. Taylor and lodge archive blazer 420g
2. Fox sports jacketing one basketweave

Any other choices such as a WSL mix/ WL mix?

thank you!!!
677BAB60-D254-46BD-A6E6-92AC82D448B2.jpeg

Attachments

Marshak

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am finding a summer weight cloth for a blue blazer similar to the style in the photo.
This is a jacketing from Piacenza Arequipa blue 100% alpaca 310g. Any comments from a cloth with 100% alpaca?

other alternatives in my mind are
1. Taylor and lodge archive blazer 420g
2. Fox sports jacketing one basketweave

Any other choices such as a WSL mix/ WL mix?

thank you!!! View attachment 1685070
The Piacenza cloth, which is appealing, is certainly not made for summer. Schofield and Smith has a nice range of WSL fabrics with a deep navy tone. Fox basketweave is beautiful but overpriced. Why not considering the usual mockleno or a heavier fabric like the VBC 6-ply?

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Taylor & Lodge archive blazer is not a summer cloth neither, maybe 3 seasons.

paborden

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to purchase that Loro Piana wool / silk seersucker? My tailor can't access, unfortunately...

Tutu

Reaction score
The Piacenza cloth, which is appealing, is certainly not made for summer. Schofield and Smith has a nice range of WSL fabrics with a deep navy tone. Fox basketweave is beautiful but overpriced. Why not considering the usual mockleno or a heavier fabric like the VBC 6-ply?

Thank you! Are you referring the the palm beach book from Schofield and Smith??
I am looking for a blue blazer that can be versatile!! thanks!!

Marshak

Reaction score
Thank you! Are you referring the the palm beach book from Schofield and Smith??
I am looking for a blue blazer that can be versatile!! thanks!!
Yeah I'm thinking to their WSL blends with a touch of mohair which are gorgeously made, but such a blend doesn't seem a convenient fabric for a versatile blue blazer, contrary to a Mockleno which you can sport during autumn. All depends on what you want exactly.

Here a 6ply Navy jacket part of a suit I made last year. Heavy but very opened weave. It does the job. Can easily be converted in a formal blazer by adding golden buttons.

1621455-b83780e0044c503b86d5eef5f9264b1b.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.