• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone has mentioned this previously but there I found a new supplier for linen suitings, jacketings and the like... French linen

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear Nathan (@Nathan h),

Welcome to Styleforum!

It's great that our fellow @The Chai posted the site address of Maison Hellard for all of us.

The said website states that one "needs a registered professional account to order through it"; so, FYI the overwhelming majority of gentlemen here are private individuals (working in other occupations than the clothing business), not tailors, so how does your firm plan to address this issue?

Best,

Dimitris

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We also have a website: https://maisonhellard.com/
I am very glad to see there is a discussion about our collection on styleforum!
Nathan
Dear Nathan (@Nathan h),

Welcome to Styleforum!

It's great that our fellow @The Chai posted the site address of Maison Hellard for all of us.

The said website states that one "needs a registered professional account to order through it"; so, FYI the overwhelming majority of gentlemen here are private individuals (working in other occupations than the clothing business), not tailors, so how does your firm plan to address this issue?

Best,

Dimitris

Prob better to take this convo private into DMs, as StyleForum has a rule against companies conducting business without paying sponsor fees.

That said, I'm sure people in this thread would welcome any expertise Nathan can give regarding cloth production and the like.

Nathan h

Reaction score
Hi Dimitris,
A few gentlemen in the USA contacted us directly and then referred us to their tailors... I suppose it is the best solution for now as it is not advised (even to connoisseurs) to pick fabrics based on pictures. Tailors on the other hand can order a bunch from us.
It may change soon and we may allow orders from private individuals but this requires a logistical power that we, a small family business, do not yet have.

Nathan h

Reaction score
Prob better to take this convo private into DMs, as StyleForum has a rule against companies conducting business without paying sponsor fees.

That said, I'm sure people in this thread would welcome any expertise Nathan can give regarding cloth production and the like.
My bad. And yes, it would be my pleasure. I was working for Scabal and Zegna before but linen is something else entirely. A fascinating fabric.

camez_

Reaction score
Hi Nathan,
glad to see you here. :)

Europeans can DM me for orders, I can process them through my business.
I have some pictures of the bunch available if anyone needs it

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My bad. And yes, it would be my pleasure. I was working for Scabal and Zegna before but linen is something else entirely. A fascinating fabric.

Not at all! Sorry if my message came off terse. I figured it was worth mentioning because management here will sometimes ban accounts for promoting a business or engaging in business without paying sponsor fees.

That said, there's a norm around here where members and mods welcome people from the industry, as such people contribute knowledge and insight to the discussions. It's just generally understood that such people shouldn't promote their company or engage in business; it's only a discussion of craft, industry, and the like.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
I was working for Scabal and Zegna before ...

Specifically during your Zegna years, did you work in the Lanificio, or in other division of the Group?

And yes, we do welcome insightful opinions in our discussions here.

Best,

Dimitris

Nathan h

Reaction score
Specifically during your Zegna years, did you work in the Lanificio, or in other division of the Group?

And yes, we do welcome insightful opinions in our discussions here.

Best,

Dimitris

Retail and made to measure. I was lucky to visit the mill in Trivero but I am not a technician myself. I did learn a lot there though, it is a formidable company.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
This is a fine gauge 18 ounce cavalry twill from Dugdale’s new “Invincible” collection. This huge bunch hasn’t been mentioned at all yet. I do know that Ralph Lauren has secured some of it for their ready to wear line.

How are you able to get your hands on this so early? I've been lusting after the Fearnaught since they mentioned it many months ago, but am not seeing these bunches on the Dugdale site.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you able to get your hands on this so early? I've been lusting after the Fearnaught since they mentioned it many months ago, but am not seeing these bunches on the Dugdale site.
I think this was released some time back, but (temporarily) pulled due to QC issues of some sort, or it not being up to Dugdale standards? Could be entirely off base, but I want to say I recall hearing it.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Some of the bunch is available for sale. They just haven’t updated their website yet.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Fearnaught sounds like the British version of No Fear

You're too much of an academic to pretend like you don't know the history of these names and fabrics.

Jokes aside, between this and the Invincible, I think it's kind of cool that Dugdale is giving a little nod to the martial origins of CM materials and styles. I hope they have a POW in there named after the HMS Prince of Wales for example. Or some sort of tartan/check for the HMS Duke of Edinburgh. How about the HMS Indefatigable, a high twist, no wrinkle travel worsted? HMS Dauntless, an 18oz tweed that will repel wind, rain, sleet, snow, and, if made into a 3-piece suit on an SF CM purist, potential romantic partners and employers.

I can do this all day but you get the idea. If the sun never set on the British Empire, it's probably 60% because Royal Navy vessels have the best names.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads