• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He is picky, in a good way. No problem with that!

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He is picky, in a good way. No problem with that!
Heritage Twist has Frank's name written all over it. Surprise to hear you thought he didn't think much of it.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wish I could remember which book that was. Whatever it was, he seemed to think it a cheesy imitation of the old robust country cloths.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn. Very classic, very nice-looking.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want one of their cashmere mohairs. Always wondered what that would feel like.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone know where this Bedford cord might be from? I looked through Brisbane Moss and Eskdale and didn't see anything that looks like this. But I'm also scanning online, so the online "swatches" might not be correct.

FWIW, this specific pant is Ring Jacket for Beige in Paris, if anyone is interested.

ivyy-bedford-cord-trousers-off-white-.jpeg
ivy-bedford-cord-trousers-off-white-.jpeg

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where this Bedford cord might be from? I looked through Brisbane Moss and Eskdale and didn't see anything that looks like this. But I'm also scanning online, so the online "swatches" might not be correct.

FWIW, this specific pant is Ring Jacket for Beige in Paris, if anyone is interested.

View attachment 1650255View attachment 1650256
Derek, are these wool or cotton?

-DL

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting video by Mark.

I really enjoyed watching him go through the process and mostly the fact the he chooses fabrics first, then decides what type of tailoring (or casual ware) will be made in each fabric. I look forward to the trouser and shirt video….. maybe I can take some lessons from this process and, since I am not building a capsule from scratch, use some of the lessons/processes to add to the current closet.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.