• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

JHWilliams

Reaction score
I meant cool in the Miles Davis stylistic sense of the word. However If I were a funeral director, I would absolutely have some black linen and fresco suits for summer even if they wouldn't necessarily be "cool" in the context I was referring to. If you must wear black, might as well be the most breathable material you can find.
Fresco is a faithful friend this time of year !!!

mactire

Reaction score
as a funeral director, I am forced to wear black almost year round. There is nothing cool about it. The sun absolutely bakes you. I should think linen may be a bit cooler, but not by a long shot.
That's funny, although where I'm from although you'd expect the funeral director to be sober, to wear black to a funeral could be seen as upstaging the mourners.

Funcheese

Reaction score
Has anyone here been to Tip Top Fabrics in Brooklyn (Greenpoint, Brooklyn to be exact)? I live a short walk from Tip Top and have stopped in a number of times over the past year.
Now, I've only been in a few fabric stores prior to this and none devoted solely to apparel fabric; is it me or is this place a fabric Mecca? So. Much. Amazing. Fabric.
The owner is a also great resource for custom tailors in the area.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.