• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ZRH1

Reaction score
good morning, do you reckon this will be too similar to a Mockleno by Finmeresco?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
good morning, do you reckon this will be too similar to a Mockleno by Finmeresco?

I haven't handled that in person, but the weave seems Mock Leno-ish. That said, it looks like it has a glen check pattern, which seems like it would make it distinct if you already have a navy summer sport coat. Personally, if I were using that cloth, I would just give it to a different tailor. I find that sometimes changing the silhouette on a jacket can distinguish it just as much as using a different cloth.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered off the Drapers website before? I get a "30% off coupon" in my checkout cart (weird and I don't know why). But when applied, it changes to -30€ rather than 30%.

I thought maybe the 30% off coupon was for VAT, but VAT is usually less. I also haven't been able to get a reply from Drapers on how to use their website.

Weirdly, checking out with one fabric gives me a -30€ discount. Checking out with two fabrics also still only gives me a -30€ discount. If I'm buying multiple lengths, this seems to incentivize only checking out with one length per order.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I toyed around on the site yesterday and was not able to get the 30% or 30 euro discount. At 30% that might place Drapers in my rough range...but then again, it only looks like they have their basic books online and I'm much more likely to jump on a length of fabric that is a seasonal cloth and not necessarily part of their perennial collection

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I toyed around on the site yesterday and was not able to get the 30% or 30 euro discount. At 30% that might place Drapers in my rough range...but then again, it only looks like they have their basic books online and I'm much more likely to jump on a length of fabric that is a seasonal cloth and not necessarily part of their perennial collection

Hm, maybe it's a "credit" from the swatches I ordered. I paid about 30 euros for 10 swatches, so maybe that goes under my account if I order fabric?

Agree 30% off would be a boon at their prices. Anyway, too confusing to figure out, so I'm just going to order some Ascot four ply.

Marshak

Reaction score
Hm, maybe it's a "credit" from the swatches I ordered. I paid about 30 euros for 10 swatches, so maybe that goes under my account if I order fabric?

Agree 30% off would be a boon at their prices. Anyway, too confusing to figure out, so I'm just going to order some Ascot four ply.

With a 30% discount you may get closer to the tailor's prices. Add a 20% one and you will reach it.

Last edited:

NathanP

Reaction score
Fabric question: is the Dugdale Lisburn range the same as the Spence Bryson mottled linen range?

Wondering if these two are the same fabric;

yeossal mottled steel blue - Google Search

The jacket in picture A is made with Dugdale lisburn, pic B is Spence Bryson Mottled steel. This would be incredibly helpful for my next commission, any help is greatly appreciated! :)

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the current numbers of the old Fresco 0500 and 0501?

df81a17e7ceaf49d47c4936dfb1b71a3.jpg

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabric question: is the Dugdale Lisburn range the same as the Spence Bryson mottled linen range?

Wondering if these two are the same fabric;

yeossal mottled steel blue - Google Search

The jacket in picture A is made with Dugdale lisburn, pic B is Spence Bryson Mottled steel. This would be incredibly helpful for my next commission, any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Not sure what the Spence Bryson equivalent is for Dugdale Lisburn, but Lisburn is identical to Ulster "Kildare" range.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone know the current numbers of the old Fresco 0500 and 0501?

View attachment 1632287

I don't know. but it was somewhat normal for many people here to get garments in both those colors. I did the same and kind of regret it. If you use one of those blue Frescos, I recommend going with one or the other, and not do both. The colors are just too similar.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know. but it was somewhat normal for many people here to get garments in both those colors. I did the same and kind of regret it. If you use one of those blue Frescos, I recommend going with one or the other, and not do both. The colors are just too similar.

In fact I'm planning to have only trousers made, in the 2 greys of the picture. They are in the lightest weight (high twist) Fresco quality.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I assume he's not using one for each leg. In the case of having two pairs of summer trousers, no harm in keeping one of each shade in the closet (or in reserve when the other is being cleaned).

TexasDan

Reaction score
Has anyone tried anything from Harrison's Indigo book? I'm concerned about the weight (8oz), but the fabrics look nice.

I have a jacket made by Steed and have been very pleased with how it turned out. Fabric works well here in D/FW area from roughly April through Septeminer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads