• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any other fabrics in similar shade and heavier then 22 oz?

yanagi

Reaction score
talking about hopsack, how about the new offers from Fox?

450gr: https://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/collections/fox-drop-special-selection/products/midnight-hopsack-1
320gr: https://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/collections/fox-sport/products/fox-sport-midnight-hopsack

I prefer heavier fabrics, but I was wondering which one you'd recommend.

Thanks

No direct experience, but have you looked at this?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
20oz! That is serious.

Has anyone sampled Standeven's worsteds in the wild? I have an Escorial DJ being made up, but that is a bit off the usual path.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20oz! That is serious.

Has anyone sampled Standeven's worsteds in the wild? I have an Escorial DJ being made up, but that is a bit off the usual path.
Just their explorer range but i dont think it is technically a worsteds. I mean they are more famous for their escorial and mohair.

zr3rs

Reaction score
talking about hopsack, how about the new offers from Fox?

450gr: https://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/collections/fox-drop-special-selection/products/midnight-hopsack-1
320gr: https://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/collections/fox-sport/products/fox-sport-midnight-hopsack

I prefer heavier fabrics, but I was wondering which one you'd recommend.

Thanks

I have the previous version of the 450g hopsack and I can fully recommend it. It is not too heavy and drapes excellently, but you could not say the fabric is soft or fluid. Certainly old school. I have no experience with the lighter one, but I would expect it to feel similar to other hopsacks available in this weight range, certainly not as special as the heavy one.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Fellow LL members, there is an open subscription for Charcoal Grey Wabi-Sabi worsted cloth. The weave is like nothing I have ever seen before. I purchased a length in mid-grey and I can’t wait to order more in different colors as they are available.
The handle is dry, but soft. Beautiful cloth.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellow LL members, there is an open subscription for Charcoal Grey Wabi-Sabi worsted cloth. The weave is like nothing I have ever seen before. I purchased a length in mid-grey and I can’t wait to order more in different colors as they are available.

Pictures?

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Do you know the weight of this?

JHWilliams

Reaction score

Attachments

• F7A2B4DB-157B-4E5D-964F-3A3A2EDD4465.jpeg
    F7A2B4DB-157B-4E5D-964F-3A3A2EDD4465.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 76

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I've probably asked this before long ago - apologies.

I'm going to head to my tailor this weekend and get some linen commissions up and running.

I was thinking Solbiati, but was wondering if anyone has thoughts on their linen or other recommendation?

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the way to register now in LL?

Introduction needed right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads