• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
I have a lot of LL fabrics made into suits as well as odd jackets. The fabrics are truly excellent - Kotaro at Corcos has commented favourably on them every time I bring them. The suit fabrics / worsteds are very solid (the nailheads stand out) - but it is the tweed that gets you; the Agnelli (both in grey and blue), the Sicillian, the Prince shetland, blue agnelli saxony, dandy gunclub. Have two being made up at the moment - one each by Corcos and Steed.

R-O-T

Simon A

Reaction score
I've been very happy with the LL fabrics; indeed three of them germinated from something I suggested to the forum some years ago...regardless of whether they are tweeds or worsteds, they are sturdy and long-lived, and have a pleasant hand. Certainly not cheap but compared to the cost of tailoring, not a major impost. If you have the patience to wait for a subscription to fill, and wait for the mill to weave it, finish it and ship it, then it is is worthwhile option.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yup. Charcoal and beige/khaki are starting points.

Mid grey and pale grey also, provided they are one side or the other of the jacket in tone. Whipcord is an obvious place to start, but lighter-weight flannel could be a luxury choice.

In the lighter flannels, something like ivory or cream would be a real "hands off my Bentley" sort of option.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first two are my pics. I did finally get Alden to re-run this City Gunclub, and no one else is subscribing. Such a shame, its a beautiful cloth.

-DL
Its one of my favorite jackets, I'll go in on another length with you if you want.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Holland & Sherry's Gostwyck Trilogy cloth? Was thinking of a suit in either 7720205 or 7720204

JHWilliams

Reaction score
I have a lot of LL fabrics made into suits as well as odd jackets. The fabrics are truly excellent - Kotaro at Corcos has commented favourably on them every time I bring them. The suit fabrics / worsteds are very solid (the nailheads stand out) - but it is the tweed that gets you; the Agnelli (both in grey and blue), the Sicillian, the Prince shetland, blue agnelli saxony, dandy gunclub. Have two being made up at the moment - one each by Corcos and Steed.

R-O-T
I just took delivery of their reverse chalkstripe worsted and their wabi sabi in mid grey. A beautiful hand and sturdy cloth. Cad & The Dandy were very impressed.
LL cloth is unique and very handsome.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will let him know, but I think we are miles away sadly.

-DL
I was going to pass on that subscription, but your testimony makes me reconsider.

I just took delivery of their reverse chalkstripe worsted and their wabi sabi in mid grey. A beautiful hand and sturdy cloth. Cad & The Dandy were very impressed.
LL cloth is unique and very handsome.
How do you like the reverse chalk stripe? Initially, I didn't like it, but its grown on my - not sure, though if I need it. I already have the overcoating fabric, the windowpane & another length on order - at some point, I need to fund the projects as well haha.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
I was going to pass on that subscription, but your testimony makes me reconsider.

How do you like the reverse chalk stripe? Initially, I didn't like it, but its grown on my - not sure, though if I need it. I already have the overcoating fabric, the windowpane & another length on order - at some point, I need to fund the projects as well haha.
I absolutely love it. The stripe is very subtle.

one of my new favorites !!

Sreezy36

Reaction score
Your brown glen check jacket is absolutely stunning!!!! I bet that will probably be your favorite sports coat by next fall and winter. I can imagine that the cashmere makes the garmet very soft and cozy. I hate for you to be repetitive but can you please give some details on the fabric for your charcoal suit? Also, your reasoning for choosing that particular fabric?

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your brown glen check jacket is absolutely stunning!!!! I bet that will probably be your favorite sports coat by next fall and winter. I can imagine that the cashmere makes the garmet very soft and cozy. I hate for you to be repetitive but can you please give some details on the fabric for your charcoal suit? Also, your reasoning for choosing that particular fabric?
It's a dormeuil amadeus I think. Charcoal herringbone with a navy weft 320 grams. Thought the next weft in charcoal was interesting. Kinda like a solaro. Which is why I got it...plus I dont actually have a charcoal or a grey suit in my wardrobe yet

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%