Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. E TF

E TF Senior member

Damn, will have to remember to wear that suit only after sunset.

2. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Is anyone doing a suit up with the tobacco Fresco that Slewfoot came up with? I wonder what it'll look like as a suit.

3. lysandar

lysandar Senior member

NYR is. There's an image a few pages before this one, looks great.

4. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

I saw that, but I'd like to see how one wears the suit as an ensemble.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

5. RogerC

RogerC Senior member

I'll be bringing mine in soon, and it should be done by the end of May. I'll post pics

6. RogerC

RogerC Senior member

A soon-to-be-unfunded liability: I'm getting married at around this time next year, and I'd like to go bespoke. However, although I'm quite fond of the tailcoat, I can't justify the outlay for something that (unfortunately), I won't be wearing very often. Hence, I'm planning to order a three-piece peak lapel suit, and striped trousers. Hence, I'can use the jacket as a stroller, but will also be able to use it later on as a business suit. It will be a relatively warm occasion, so I had been looking at the lighter options of the Dugdale formalwear book. Would the combination of a dark charcoal self-stripe (for the coat) with the bold stripe for the trousers?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Looking to trade or sell some of my Lesser stuff I've stockpiled. I have a suit length (4 yards) of a Brown Glen Plaid, and 2.25-2.5 yards of sport coating (teal with a rust windowpane in 4 ply, and a nice warm lambswool-like dark Blue plaid. Looking for Navy Flannel for the suit length and a mid grey fresco for the two Sportcoatings. Or I'd sell the suiting for $400 plus shipping, sportcoating for $200 plus shipping each.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

9. forex

forex Senior member

Gents, I have some flannels and fresco to move,check out my sales threads if you are interested. Not interested in trade, just want to move them, flannels don't work for me.

10. bertbacharat

bertbacharat Member

I'm trying to decide between some different Dugdale fabrics. Anyone have any experience with the charcoal birdseye 12-13oz (9743) or the dark grey birdseye 13-14oz (9425)? I was also considering the cashmere blends but I think they are too lightweight and not worth 4x the price. I really like the suit fabric in the picture below, but not sure if it'd be closer to the dark grey or the charcoal. Anyone seen any of these Dugdale fabrics in person? The pictures on their online shop seem really dark and unlike the real product. Also included is a picture of the Dugdale 9743; what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

11. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Not a bolt of cloth, but can anyone tell me what this fabric would be called? Basketweave, hopsack, or something else?

[​IMG]

13. KayJay85

KayJay85 Senior member

Gentlemen
    I am considering commissioning a suit for my wedding through Mina @ Napoli Su Misura and would love to get your thoughts regarding an appropriate suiting. As for some context, my other "nice" suit is a navy birdseye and I was hoping to achieve 2 things with this new suit: have something appropriate for my own wedding; broaden my suit wardrobe.

As such, I was considering a grey/charcoal suiting, perhaps with a herringbone weave. What do others think of such a selection? Is it appropriate for the goals above? Any other considerations I have left out?

The configuration would be a slightly conservative double vented, notch lapel, flapped pockets (as much as I enjoy patch pockets), 3r2

Thanks in advance!

KJ

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think a charcoal herringbone would be a good choice, however I would get a gabardine, serge, or plain twill. You can never have too many basic solids.

15. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored