• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

yanagi

Reaction score
Mainly joking ribs about going off to boating school, or the age old security guard comment.

Nothing serious, but enough to put me off from switching to green SCs permanently.

Edit: I'll add that I have gotten positive comments on a navy blazer, but mainly from other people who are also heavily into clothing and style.
Interesting. My navy blazers have blue MOP (DB) and brown horn (SB) buttons - which depending on some definitions means they're odd jackets and not blazers... - but I think you're right about variation by region. I've never gotten the boating or security guard comments. If anything, it's just "nice suit."

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. My navy blazers have blue MOP (DB) and brown horn (SB) buttons - which depending on some definitions means they're odd jackets and not blazers... - but I think you're right about variation by region. I've never gotten the boating or security guard comments. If anything, it's just "nice suit."
An interesting button choice I have seen on a Brioni DB blazer was a light green grey corozo button. I may acquire a blazersuit with such a button for my next commission

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting email from Ascot Chang today. White twill for shirts, with some sort of anti-viral implant, from Albini.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
200 gbp per meter was too rich for my blood. Still haven’t pulled the trigger on any LL stuff yet, it all runs a bit too heavy for my climate.

i primarily wear sport coats and blazers for work, so I dig navy blazers cause they are versatile (go with khakis, brown, cords, olive, grey flannels, etc.). My gold button blazer takes the in between spot for full suit and more casual tweeds, something like a baptism or daytime wedding.
You overestimate the price by about 40GBP per meter for the Navy Blazer.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think DWW is correct about the relative invisibility of the navy sportcoat. You could wear the same one two or three times in a week, and most wouldn't notice. If you did the same with a green jacket, even a subtle one, I think people would either notice that it's the same jacket or would decide that you're the guy who likes green jackets.
I wear a few different navy jackets a week and no one ever notice I've changed except me LOL.

classicalthunde

Reaction score
You overestimate the price by about 40GBP per meter for the Navy Blazer.
Ah, it was a while ago but I recalled it being significantly more expensive than the general cloth runs due to being something like an 8-ply fabric with something else blended in that made it more expensive, maybe angora?

ValidusLA

Reaction score
I've ordered from them directly over the years. It might depend on where you are, though. They are usually quite friendly and helpful; just send them an e-mail to ask: [email protected]

Someone will probably mention this, but Caccioppoli is a merchant and not a mill. However, there are a lot of cloths which are exclusive to them, since they work with different mills (E. Thomas, VBC, TACS, etc.) and have stuff made just for their collection.
Thank you for turning me on to them.

Been speaking to them on and off the last couple of weeks and they are beyond helpful.

Now I want to go to Naples again (when travel exists again) and visit!

Lachino

Reaction score
Can I ask if anyone has tried ordering from kabbani textile on IG? It’s run by Fadi Kabbani. He seems to have all mills available but not sure if they’re genuine?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I ask if anyone has tried ordering from kabbani textile on IG? It’s run by Fadi Kabbani. He seems to have all mills available but not sure if they’re genuine?
He's real, and very helpful

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He’s real, and good. Have ordered through him several times.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Really? Looks to be turning into something very nice.

Really. And I am not glad to highlight it!

Have you seen the image with the sleeve attached? The direction of the barleycorn in the garment's torso points downwards, whereas in the sleeve it points upwards!

I think this is a very unfortunate thing to pass by, and a gross mistake by any tailor delivering a bespoke garment.

Cheers,

Dimitris

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior