• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here is the jacket in olive 4-point star from the Foxair line made by Ercole. I am very happy with this cloth and the color is excellent. I think it will be great worn as a suit with an off white/ecru shirt, black knit tie and black tassel loafers.
View attachment 1471550
Close up shows the warmth of the cloth. There is brown mixed in.
View attachment 1471552
-DL
I suspect this works much better in person than in the photo. The close-up reveals a texture which puts the chambray in context. I assume the trousers are flannel, not worsted?

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect this works much better in person than in the photo. The close-up reveals a texture which puts the chambray in context. I assume the trousers are flannel, not worsted?

They are actually a hopsack from the Dugdale Town Classics, and not the best pairing for this coat in hindsight. They are a bit to close in terms of value (lightness/darkness) as compared to the coat. I think a khaki/tan cavalry twill or fawn flannel would look better, that or a lighter gray trouser.

-DL

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anything of interest being developed on the LL? How did the green blazer turn out?
I think the two batches that were just delivered were awesome. I grabbed 5-6 lengths of the LL’s offerings.

Last edited:

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3CBBA038-930D-4E80-9D20-F838D305102E.jpeg

The exposure is a bit bright but you can generally tell the pattern and colors. The two exceptions are the solids. The third from the top is a navy blue with a lot of texture. It is to be used exclusively for blazers. And the one bellow it is a flannel one shade short of charcoal (I have two lengths of this one if someone is interested).

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That LL ultimate navy blazer fabric is indeed killer. Surplus to my requirements at the moment but I might keep it and fund it anyway.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1471655
The exposure is a bit bright but you can generally tell the pattern and colors. The two exceptions are the solids. The third from the top is a navy blue with a lot of texture. It is to be used exclusively for blazers. And the one bellow it is a flannel one shade short of charcoal (I have two lengths of this one if someone is interested).
That LL ultimate navy blazer fabric is indeed killer. Surplus to my requirements at the moment but I might keep it and fund it anyway.

Yikes, that's an impressive haul. What cloth is the second from the bottom?

@heldentenor If you're looking to off load the navy blazer let me know.

K, Thanx bye.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
It's been already posted twice; if it's not the very same, it is really close to the respective color in the VBC "Safari" bunch: 50% wool - 30% silk - 20% linen suiting line at 200grams.

Cheers,

Dimitris

CorozoButton

Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows what fabric Saman Amel used for this taupe W/S/L suit? I suspect it might be one of their house fabrics. Has anyone comes across something similar? Cheers

View attachment 1471715 View attachment 1471716

I'd say it's likely woven by Loro Piana. The composition (71/15/14 WSL) and look of the weave/mottling is what LP use for a few fabrics in their Mare book, as well as dying specific shades for Caccioppoli. I'd check Caccioppoli SS20 suiting/jacketing for this if you can't see it in the Mare book.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
I'd say it's likely woven by Loro Piana. The composition (71/15/14 WSL) and look of the weave/mottling is what LP use for a few fabrics in their Mare book, as well as dying specific shades for Caccioppoli. I'd check Caccioppoli SS20 suiting/jacketing for this if you can't see it in the Mare book.

I agree!

If the garment is IRL darker than the above images, especially from the second (full suit) one, then the fabric is indeed LP N704033 from the "Mare" line with the said composition at 250grams.

Best,

Dimitris

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes, that's an impressive haul. What cloth is the second from the bottom?
The shade rendition of my photo is a bit worse than I originally thought. The second from bottom is the grey Agnelli. I have it made up as a DB but liked the suiting so much that I bought a second length.
The inspiration:
CD49E87E-D8BB-411C-8B06-CBA9D25459BC.jpeg

And the outcome:
51BD5B88-4693-4012-9D5F-651D7A42ECE0.jpeg

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree!

If the garment is IRL darker than the above images, especially from the second (full suit) one, then the fabric is indeed LP N704033 from the "Mare" line with the said composition at 250grams.

Best,

Dimitris

Many thanks to you both. You’re right - this like it:

418F5F6A-74ED-43FE-B757-0722F503E0DF.jpeg

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the jacket in olive 4-point star from the Foxair line made by Ercole. I am very happy with this cloth and the color is excellent. I think it will be great worn as a suit with an off white/ecru shirt, black knit tie and black tassel loafers.
View attachment 1471550
Close up shows the warmth of the cloth. There is brown mixed in.
View attachment 1471552
-DL

Is this a Frank Shattuck commission?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics