• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Thank you. I was hoping they had something heavier in that book.

Dear @ruvort,

Today I checked few fabrics from the - above-posted by Despos - updated Drapers suiting flannels' bunch; a nice variety and a lot of interesting choices (one vote for the PoW).

I can assure you that this is one of the heavier Italian flannel suiting fabrics of this quality/price range. Should you wish a heavier weight, you have to look westbound (from Italy); English flannels (I am sure that you do know the brands) may accommodate you.

Best,

Dimitris

Marshak

Reaction score
Thank you. I was hoping they had something heavier in that book.
Look at Hardy Minnis flannel. Decent weight of 430gr/m. Taylor and Lodge has a small selection of a very nice worsted flannel. Same weight.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Taylor and Lodge has a small selection of a very nice worsted flannel. Same weight.
Taylor and Lodge only has a few colors on their site and sometimes a few more in the outlet, but AFAIK all of their current 14oz "2080" flannels are available through Dugdale's "Flannel Collection" book (someone correct me if I am wrong). It's by far my favorite fall/winter fabric: my default suit is in the mid-gray 2080/2 shade, and my goes-with-everything trousers in some light gray / tan color, which unfortunately they don't seem to have anymore. Warm and cozy in the winter and pretty soft even, like a woolen, but I'm also not afraid to wear it hard the way I might with a squishier woolen flannel. My tailor took a look at it and went "Eh...it's okay...not great but okay" though, so take my less-knowledgeable opinion with a grain of salt...

FlowableFill

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Holland and Sherry's target bunch? I spent some time looking at their website and this fabric looks really cool:

I'm thinking something single breasted with patch pockets.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Holland and Sherry's target bunch? I spent some time looking at their website and this fabric looks really cool:

I'm thinking something single breasted with patch pockets.

:(

FlowableFill

Reaction score
Hmm, I always associated pattern/texture with the formality of a fabric. Maybe I'd have to see it in person.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmm, I always associated pattern/texture with the formality of a fabric. Maybe I'd have to see it in person.
The smoother the finish the dressier the cloth.
Pattern and texture make a cloth less formal and or more casual.

Birdseye is a classic suiting but regardless of the surface interest and pattern, patch pockets would not be appropriate.

FlowableFill

Reaction score
My thinking was that the birdseye texture would give it a more informal look.

henriik

Reaction score
Could work, pretty formal color though 🤔

This NMWA x SC suit in Brown Nailhead seems to work w/ patch pockets:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Could work, pretty formal color though 🤔

This NMWA x SC suit in Brown Nailhead seems to work w/ patch pockets:

That isn’t nailhead or Birdseye cloth.
Regardless, doesn’t look right with patch pockets in my subjective opinion.

konstantis

Reaction score
May i ask the members experiences about Gorina's flannels or others manufacters ? I was always customer of Fox Flannels , but today i contacted them an the price semms almost 3 times above that what i paid last year and i am not positive to pay 165 pounds per meter for trousers. Thanks.

Simon A

Reaction score
May i ask the members experiences about Gorina's flannels or others manufacters ? I was always customer of Fox Flannels , but today i contacted them an the price semms almost 3 times above that what i paid last year and i am not positive to pay 165 pounds per meter for trousers. Thanks.
I have used Gorina flannels in plain colours at the 500 g weight, and been very happy with them. Some pleasant melange appearance, not fragile, and good value for money. They also make good workhorse worsteds.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's