• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EndlessBreak

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a suit made up in H&S Crispaire. My tailor doesn't use H&S and when he first searched for it, he was given a quote in the range of $190 per metre (I'm in Toronto). This seemed high to both him and me. He said he will continue to look for me (he just left for a vacation), but I could also source it elsewhere and bring it in. I've read that H&S won't sell to the public (true?)...so, does anyone have a good online source? Also, I'll be in NYC in May...I'm not sure if I'll have time but are there any places to buy there?

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H&S does sell to the public. If your in NY, Tip Top maybe? I would recommend you to go for the Harrisons Frontier. I personally like it better then the Crispaire.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you know the style number, maybe your tailor could order the cloth and they would send it C.O.D. to him even if he doesn't have an account or maybe he has a friend with their books who could order for him.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He does, and they are beautiful in person. I had a very different perception of chambray before; thought it was good only for work-style shirts. Will's bolts are very fine & perfect for summer suits.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

He does, and they are beautiful in person. I had a very different perception of chambray before; thought it was good only for work-style shirts. Will's bolts are very fine & perfect for summer suits.

If he had white I would buy up a lot of them. :)

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

meh.ro2787.jpg

EndlessBreak

Reaction score

If you know the style number, maybe your tailor could order the cloth and they would send it C.O.D. to him even if he doesn't have an account or maybe he has a friend with their books who could order for him.

Thanks Chris. I think that $190 figure might have come from H&S, but I don't know. It seems high when you compare it to the 60 pounds ($95) per metre that Minnis charges for its Fresco on its website. Since these are fairly comparable fabrics, I would have assumed they'd be comparably priced. Am I missing something?

I'm looking for H&S Crispaire 339050. Its a dark gray from the HS1033 book.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
long shot request... but here goes:

If anyone has any Bookster sourced Taransay Brown/green Harris Tweed in either a jacket or suit length that they bought for a future project but no longer need or want (too heavy, too itchy, etc), I would love to buy it from you

it looks like this.... and it's now Sold Out. I bought some for a vest just to see what it looked like in a larger quantity than a swatch and went back to order a jacket length but was told it was all gone. It is a dense and warm fabric that's rustic to say the least, so it's possible that somebody may still have some they would be willing to get rid of

Please PM me if you have this fabric

Last edited:

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Molloy & Sons offers a similar tweed. Look a few pages back for pics.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Curious, does the coolness of the fabric depend more on the weight of the cloth, or the type of open weave? For example will a 10oz twill be cooler than a 13oz open weave fabric?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SG Voile on left and Chambray on right.
IMG_4379.jpg

Good afternoon,

Is the SG voile here the same as what Will is offering? Is the color true to life (i realise that wha i see on my monitor may not be the same as what others see on their, but it basically looks lighter here than shown on will's site which I prefer).

Thank you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads