• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on the party vibe. If it were a blue or grey pinstripe it would look totally corporate and likely even harder to wear for that reason, but the cream pinstripe is actually really interesting I think. Casual but kinda slick and sharp at the same time. A suit that would be immediately recognized by those in the know as bespoke. But yeah I struggle to think what other shirts you could make work. Maybe white with a black or navy grenadine tie?
Navy white Breton shirt. A navy houndstooth sweater I have. Cream or navy crew/turtle/polo neck. It kinda works with charcoal but not my preference. Denim shirts for a more rugged cowboy look. I would not wear it with a tie unless it’s a corporate event on a tropical island or a yacht club of some sort. Then perhaps with a black/ navy grenadine/knit or shantung tie

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually. I think a powder blue linen shirt with a tie would work. I’d much rather a demin sawtooth shirt though

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice. Is it SBPL? What kind of pockets do you have on it? Flapped or jetted? Hard to tell from the pic.

I‘m looking for inspiration for my next SC and want a more „evening out“ vs. corporate look.
Sbpl 1b. Pockets are flapped but I tucked them in so it looks jetted. I think loro piana has a wool silk linen cream with navy chalk stripe which would look good as a jacket. Sbpl 1b config makes for the ultimate going out suit/jacket imo

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
I've seen it in person; when it comes to VBC, it is what you are looking for.

You are welcome.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.