• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recs for a good, widely spaced navy flannel chalk stripe? I'd like to get something nice and extremely warm (12-14 oz) made up for next winter.

Harrisons of Edinburgh Worsted 13 oz

Last edited:

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P7310002.jpg

Fox flannel, navy, 15oz

godofcoffee

Reaction score

Harrisons of Edinburgh Worsted 13 oz
Nice, but not flannel. Probably a little too bright for me.
P7310002.jpg
Fox flannel, navy, 15oz
Very nice. Fox is where my mind went first when I started considering flannels. On the other hand, I didn't even think of Minnis - I'll try out both before I make a buy. Thanks, guys!

Last edited:

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

Any recs for a good, widely spaced navy flannel chalk stripe? I'd like to get something nice and extremely warm (12-14 oz) made up for next winter.

HFW has a really nice chalk striped flannel sold under their Martin & Sons label. I think its about 400 grams.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the brown Fresco tonight. Bit darker than I expacted.

wmb

Reaction score
looking to have a brown flannel odd jacket made up -- any preferences between or comments on the harrison 39177

and the minnis 0325?

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Slewfoot's special Minnis Fresco run, on top of the regular brown Fresco:

[click photograph for larger version if you wish]

I plan to have my length made into a three piece suit: one pair of pants, one SB jacket, and one DB jacket. The jackets will be styled to allow them to be worn as separates.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Poor timing on my brown linen suit right before this came up... :(

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I plan to have my length made into a three piece suit: one pair of pants, one SB jacket, and one DB jacket. The jackets will be styled to allow them to be worn as separates.

Exactly how will you style the jacket?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received the brown Fresco tonight. Bit darker than I expacted.

It came out the slightest shade darker than the test run they initially made. They send me a photograph of the two and it was very slight. The color variances though on this newer one seem to have more contrast which was what I was most after in the first place. Keep in mind the photo I took before was in natural light right next to my window on a sunny day. I've definitely noticed a difference when it's indoors and outdoors which I find intriguing.

Slewfoot's special Minnis Fresco run, on top of the regular brown Fresco:

[click photograph for larger version if you wish]

Thanks for the comparison of the two and helps show why I wanted a more vibrant brown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads