• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

reidd

Reaction score
Interesting regarding the Sherry Tweed. I'd thought I'd read that was primarily intended for jacketing? Would you think both Thornproof weights could hack it as suiting, or strictly the heavier, 18oz weight?

I have an irrational disdain for cotton tailoring. Can't see myself utilizing it at any point in the near future.
Same. Cotton is for shirts not jackets! Linen is so much better for most anything you would want cotton for.. The only exception is cotton seersucker of course which deserves a place in a wardrobe and is definitely something I plan on commissioning in the future.

reidd

Reaction score
Yeah I would agree with you usually. Linen beats cotton till I saw this
And speaking of seersucker, that one looks very special indeed although not really the traditional blue and white I am after. Are these cloths available or are you still investigating the source?

The Chai

Reaction score
Th
And speaking of seersucker, that one looks very special indeed although not really the traditional blue and white I am after. Are these cloths available or are you still investigating the source?
They have that seersucker in blue

The Chai

Reaction score

Bromley

Reaction score
That indigo seersucker is beautiful. I've got a length of it on the shelf and I thought it would be a nice jacket, but it's so lightweight I think it'll be better as a shirt. Also, their sashi-ori is the best version of that cloth I've ever seen. I want it as sweatpants. Or an overcoat.

The Chai

Reaction score
That indigo seersucker is beautiful. I've got a length of it on the shelf and I thought it would be a nice jacket, but it's so lightweight I think it'll be better as a shirt. Also, their sashi-ori is the best version of that cloth I've ever seen. I want it as sweatpants. Or an overcoat.
I have the seersucker. It’s the same weight as most standard seersucker thought slightly heavier. I feel the weave is tight enough to make an unlined unstructured jacket. Maybe without canvas even so you could wash it...I was thinking of a shawl dinner jacket in such a configuration

The Chai

Reaction score
And yes for the sashi ori...I was considering a three patch sc or a field jacket

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For that indigo seersucker, Whitcomb & Shaftesbury are fooling around with an unstructured cut that could make a wonderful jacket.

JGC

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Any ideas what bunch this fabric is from?

1581782375000.png

Saw someone wearing this a while back and have been looking out for it, with no success, based on this grainy photo.

Thank you!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 146 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%