• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

9thsymph

Reaction score
Isn't that Russell Plaid ^^^ I have been playing around with getting a SC made of it but I would probably wear it less than my Black Tie in a year
(yes, i posted the russell plaids as a tangent regarding loud jackets...)

The Chai

Reaction score
(yes, i posted the russell plaids as a tangent regarding loud jackets...)
Russell plaids are cool. I think my first tweed jacket once I get around to making one would probably be Russell plaid

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't that Russell Plaid ^^^ I have been playing around with getting a SC made of it but I would probably wear it less than my Black Tie in a year
Dont you wear black tie like 4 days a week? :)

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dear @Despos,

Your tutorials are so precious!

This happened in the Ongoing Bespoke Projects Thread, page 266, with the gentleman's linen PoW: while the plaid in the torso has the dark brown line in the top / beige line in the bottom, in the patch pockets it's the inverse.

Cheers,

Dimitris
You are correct sir!

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What’s the ideal sport coat weight? I’ve already blown out two jackets in the elbows.
Don't know if weight is as much the point as the tensile strength of the yarns. In the multiple decades I've been doing this have never seen jackets wear thru at the elbow but have seen it happen 4 times over the last couple years. On two jackets we patched the hole and added elbow patches. One with suede, the other with the same cloth as the jacket. Had the cloth on hand or was able to order the cloth for the other two jackets and made new sleeves.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if weight is as much the point as the tensile strength of the yarns. In the multiple decades I've been doing this have never seen jackets wear thru at the elbow but have seen it happen 4 times over the last couple years. On two jackets we patched the hole and added elbow patches. One with suede, the other with the same cloth as the jacket. Had the cloth on hand or was able to order the cloth for the other two jackets and made new sleeves.
It may be me and how I work. I’m dealing with a bout of elbow bursitis at the moment.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 279 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40