• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Memo

Reaction score
Where do people buy clothes online, apart from the usual suspects such as TESSin and Harrison’s Burley?

emptym

Reaction score
Here's a pic of some pents made from the mottled covert cloth @UrbanComposition posted earlier. Good stuff:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's great looking cloth. 13 oz. covert in the H&S overcoat book? Do you have a cloth #?

Is it this (whipcord)?

I don't know the fabric number, unfortunately. That looks like it could be it. Whipcord and covert to me seem like the same thing, but maybe there's a technical difference.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the NMWA Formosa version. I think the material works well in any traditional color for a suit. You could do a marled one for a slightly more casual look, but the suit below would be suitable in many situations where men wear suits today. This is a 13oz covert from H&S overcoat book.

View attachment 1275944
View attachment 1275945

View attachment 1275943
This is the NMWA Formosa version. I think the material works well in any traditional color for a suit. You could do a marled one for a slightly more casual look, but the suit below would be suitable in many situations where men wear suits today. This is a 13oz covert from H&S overcoat book.

View attachment 1275944
View attachment 1275945

View attachment 1275943
looks good. this looks as if it would run hot. impressed this cloth is getting so much attention now...

emptym

Reaction score
^Those are some old Ambrosis.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upper cloth in this pile just dropped off with the tailor. I also collected my new cashmere overcoat, but cannot get a good photo of it right now.

B697C8F9-7940-421C-A8FE-6136D52D85E2.jpeg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love that on top. That's not LL, is it? The middle one has a close analogue in that collection.

Simon A

Reaction score
Where do people buy clothes online, apart from the usual suspects such as TESSin and Harrison’s Burley?

I've bought fabric from both these UK online merchants over the past 10 years, and have not had a bad batch yet. Some are probably samples from the mills. If there is a fault in the fabric they are pretty honest in pointing it out, and price it accordingly.

British Fabrics
Royal Textiles

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that on top. That's not LL, is it? The middle one has a close analogue in that collection.

They’re all the original Hunters of Brora, which was a strong influence on Michael Alden.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, then. That explains a lot!

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it being made by C&M or MB? Those two have done a few lapped seams that looks brilliant...

I only use Steed and Formosa and won't be switching any time soon. I don't want to think about what C&M or Michael Browne's prices are like given the new tariffs.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only use Steed and Formosa and won't be switching any time soon. I don't want to think about what C&M or Michael Browne's prices are like given the new tariffs.

Per today's Permanent Style blogpost, Michael Browne is £6500 (inc VAT) and upwards for a suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads