• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

S K M

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a plain navy fabric with qualities similar to the LL Piuma? I was thinking about the Fox Air, but seems they don’t offer a plain navy version, and I find Fresco a bit too crisp/scratchy. Thanks in advance!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a plain navy fabric with qualities similar to the LL Piuma? I was thinking about the Fox Air, but seems they don’t offer a plain navy version, and I find Fresco a bit too crisp/scratchy. Thanks in advance!
Piuma strikes me as a luxury version of Crispaire. There will be something useful in that book.

Also, in the Finmeresco book, there is a "high twist" collection about 10oz that looks and feels wonderful. Despos has spoken well of it on this thread.

Bromley

Reaction score
Yeah, there's some great cloth in the Finmeresco bunch.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loro Piana Uniti?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure when you last checked but I believe Fox Air has plain navy now. Ask and see.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is the NMWA Formosa version. I think the material works well in any traditional color for a suit. You could do a marled one for a slightly more casual look, but the suit below would be suitable in many situations where men wear suits today. This is a 13oz covert from H&S overcoat book.

Knox

Reaction score
That's great looking cloth. 13 oz. covert in the H&S overcoat book? Do you have a cloth #?

Is it this (whipcord)?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 81 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 151 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%