• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
bruce boyer has one that i really like. a db covert suit from a caraceni. nmwa also carried some navy ones a couple of years ago.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know, but I've been thinking about getting an olive covert cloth suit. H&S Dakota has some nice fabrics. The Drapers Pete posed looks nice.
I have a length of Olive cotton waiting to be made up into a casual suit. I should probably pull the trigger and knock it out for this fall, but I'm running out of time and have a few other liabilities in front of it.

As for the Dakota book, I think its one of the best trouser books out there and have a couple pair of pents that feel like pajamas...

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simon's suit looks shiny to me, could just be the pics, or the cloth is shiny...

I've been going through Simon's tailor series and noticed his suits from Saville Row suits look and fit better than his suits from Italy. Am I missing something?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These are really good colors for covert suits.

Also covert suits sound like the perfect thing for people who want to wear suits but be incognito.

norMD

Reaction score
Is he dancing? Must be hot in turtleneck and covert cloth.

I have been looking at that denim blue or maybe an airforce blue covert suit. But I really dont know when I would wear it..

The Chai

Reaction score
Is he dancing? Must be hot in turtleneck and covert cloth.

I have been looking at that denim blue or maybe an airforce blue covert suit. But I really dont know when I would wear it..
I dance in my turtleneck all the time

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 74 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 144 32.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 8 1.8%