• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is that also in the Dugdale book? I know there is some overlap in pattern, if not in actual quality.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Again-- looks very similar. Don't know if literally so, or if they just copied the design for more mass production. Any tailors out there with spies in the fabric community?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that also in the Dugdale book? I know there is some overlap in pattern, if not in actual quality.
I’ve never looked at Dugdale for linen so I’m not sure. But my understanding is that LL uses Ulster to weave its linen.

TexasDan

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with ordering from Harrison’s Indigo bunch? Was thinking of ordering a jacket for spring/summer in DFW area.

Bromley

Reaction score
Again-- looks very similar. Don't know if literally so, or if they just copied the design for more mass production. Any tailors out there with spies in the fabric community?
It's from Ulster. There's an entire bunch of that pattern in different colors. They're a little spongey, and very tweed-like.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's from Ulster. There's an entire bunch of that pattern in different colors. They're a little spongey, and very tweed-like.
Not compared LL linen with Ulster stuff but it would not surprise me that they are the same thing. LL Brisa is identical to Lovat Bard at 2x price.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Members,

Wait...what have you just done?

You unveiled a "greatly-kept" industrial secret, and... someone may be reading!

I am astonished.

Dimitris
:hide:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.