• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

zr3rs

Reaction score
Also found a cashmere wool alternative from Loro Piana, is that as good as the Bactrian Baby Camel? Will also add a picture of the kind of look I had in mind. Thanks in advance for answers, tips, etc.
I touched a sample of SherryAlpaca and it felt very nice and soft
https://apparel.hollandandsherry.com/en/fabric/pattern/checks/houndstooth/907012-sherryalpaca-whitesilver-houndstooth
There is also one in cashmere that is more brown
https://apparel.hollandandsherry.com/en/fabric/use/jackets/9219008-cashmere-pure-opulence-tancamel-houndstooth

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @JFK_88,

You have already received important input from our fellow members, more may be incoming.

Alas, I have no pointers for your request, however, what I do know is that the Loro Piana bunch that you posted (last image) is a suiting bunch and not a jacketing one, something that you are actually looking for!

Should a pertinent fabric falls under my radar, I will let you know.

Best to your inquiry,

Dimitris

circumspice

Reaction score
Lol...I regularly use oxford cloth for dinner shirts in winter...and linen shirts for summer...

This is fairly rustic stuff. Having it made with a french placket will make it less useful for wearing with jeans, sans tie, etc

The Chai

Reaction score
I think the one you’re thinking of is slightly narrower. The picture u posted is the more modern styling whereas I was inspired by the vintage smalto coats. I asked for mine to be wider as I intend to wear it for black tie. I’m inspired by the don corleone wedding tux

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For cords, heavy. (>20oz, wide wale)
For moleskin, I tend to prefer light/medium (more like 15oz).

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.