• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the one. Do you think its versatile enough to wear as a blazer as well a full suit? I think I have enough for a three piece.

I think so although tough for me to really contemplate since as a DB it really is suit only material for me.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hear you there. I'm dne with DB, I find I just don't wear them enough (I have two).

I have the problem than you...

I just don't wear them even if I find them great on other peole..

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent Peter Lee commission of London Lounge Blue Shetland Tweed. Very comfortable and a killer fabric. Peter was able to make this with a one piece back and no front darts.

front.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's awesome, David. I'll also have the single-piece back, I think...

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slewfoot, looks really good. Didn't you just send the cloth to Lee? Did you have any fittings at all?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I visited HK in early November and had two fittings. I think it could have used one more as there are a few minor tweaks I might have made, but it's very nice as is. The one thing that irked me at the second fitting and still does is the patch breast pocket. Not sure I'm into the shape. I'll see if it grows me, but Peter can certainly always change it and even do a boat shaped welt breast pocket if need be. We'll see after I wear it more this season.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys! I visited HK in early November and had two fittings. I think it could have used one more as there are a few minor tweaks I might have made, but it's very nice as is. The one thing that irked me at the second fitting and still does is the patch breast pocket. Not sure I'm into the shape. I'll see if it grows me, but Peter can certainly always change it and even do a boat shaped welt breast pocket if need be. We'll see after I wear it more this season.

I am not too fond of them either, I'd personally do a two patch pocket but that's just me. I also think that the hip pockets are slighly higher, compare it to your recent Steed which is perfect to my eyes. What do you think of that?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I see what you mean. The Steed pockets are a bit lower, but I'm fine with both as is. They each have their own character. I'll re-post photos if I get the welt breast pocket put on. If I send it in I may also have the waist nipped a slight touch in the center to add more shape.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Recent Peter Lee commission of London Lounge Blue Shetland Tweed. Very comfortable and a killer fabric. Peter was able to make this with a one piece back and no front darts.
front.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

Fantastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics