• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you like about the old Hickey Freeman?

The quality of fabrics used, and the fit of the shirts worked well with my body. They also had a MTO service on their website where you could specify the dimensions of your shirts. I wish they would bring it back.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, is anyone interested in buying 4 yards of this cloth from me? I bought it from edmorel a while back but I changed jobs and don't really see getting this made up any time soon if ever. I bought for 60/yard. I'll sell it for 210 conus shipping included.

PM me if interested.

This is ed's description and pictures. It does feel very nice.

another great cloth, brown High Twist 15/16 oz cloth. This is milled in England by Bower Roebuck, who mill for Scabal. This shade is a chocolate brown melange, again, would make an absolutely terrific suit in any configuration. $60 yard.

DSCF6088.JPG DSCF6089.JPG DSCF6090.JPG

mactire

Reaction score
I’m not sorting through that mess. I book marked my favorite fabrics and kept it moving. I miss the old hickey freeman.

Fair nuff, I meant which you'd bookmarked, just curious as to what the change over time was.

mactire

Reaction score

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The quality of fabrics used, and the fit of the shirts worked well with my body. They also had a MTO service on their website where you could specify the dimensions of your shirts. I wish they would bring it back.

Would you mind describing the process for specifying the dimensions of the shirts?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair nuff, I meant which you'd bookmarked, just curious as to what the change over time was.

The shirt factory they used was sold off when the company went into liquidation as I recall. The fabrics were noticeably cheaper and made in India starting in 2009/2010. They also got rid of specific shirt lengths (i.e 16.5 - 37) and went to half sizes (16.5 - 36/37).

Last edited:

MenWithStyl3

Reaction score
Anyone has experience with Holland and Sherry Moonlight Shimmer? It is a 50% silk 45% Wool 5% cashmere blend. Would be great if someone can share their experiences with this blend / collection. Cheers

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My tailor here in DC offers Gambert shirts. I ordered a few several years ago but eventually decided to stick with Zegna, Finamore, and Ledbury as I'm an easy fit.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tailor here in DC offers Gambert shirts. I ordered a few several years ago but eventually decided to stick with Zegna, Finamore, and Ledbury as I'm an easy fit.
The Zegna and Finamore shirts are lovely and they tend to pick great fabrics. If they fit and you like the styling, its a great option.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting, thanks for posting. I am pretty familiar with Skip Gambert from a previous company I worked with and they make a decent shirt. I think probably the best thing about them is the ability to customize their collars. Have you not been able to find a replacement MTM program that you like?

I've never ordered from skip gambert but that was the process hickey freeman used.

I've had some bespoke shirts made by hilditch and key but they stopped traveling to the states and I've been reduced to sending them pictures of shirt fabrics I'm interested in. Its not ideal. I tried Robert Talbott a few years back with Wm Fox, a local store in DC, but the fit of the shirts were off and the fabrics (Acorn) weren't sturdy at all. Wm Fox also offered Y'Aprey shirts which are really nice but the fabric selection is limited.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads