• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, that looks great. I would need a cut length however, I am hopeful K&H will sell to me directly and will inquire about the LP.

Do you have the suit already? Does the cloth have any stretch to it?

DL-

I dont know if Kemp & Hewitt will sell direct, but you can certainly ask. As for the LP, those fabrics are now in their Mare book. Pretty sure they are the same fabrics as the silk air from a few years ago, just rebranded.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks guys. Looks like Hall Madden doesn't sell cloth, any idea where I can order direct?

DL-
No idea. I think the fabric business is intentionally opaque. Whoever is going to make your commission can likely order it I would expect.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea. I think the fabric business is intentionally opaque. Whoever is going to make your commission can likely order it I would expect.

I hear you. Since I am planning on going through my shirt maker the options are quite a bit more narrow, so I was hoping to get something in hand first.

DL-

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you. Since I am planning on going through my shirt maker the options are quite a bit more narrow, so I was hoping to get something in hand first.

DL-

LP makes shirting cloths. It would be easy enough for your shirtmaker to open an account if they wanted to.

For the record, I would go for the Solbiati rather than the LP for your purposes. While the LP is amazing, it is spectacularly expensive...

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just added a suit length of this for next winter. Unclear yet whether i will wear the trousers as separates on occassion. Irregardless, won't be more than very occasionally as i have plenty of other grey options

https://shop.hfwltd.com/collection/47

· Medium-weight flannel - Minnis Flannels book, 12 oz

510068.jpg

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, was at a fitting yesterday where i was having a pair of draper's ascot mid grey trousers made up. Interestingly, tailor had 1 other pair in the fabric and a pair in mid grey crispaire. I was pleased as I felt my choice, the Ascot, was a but more rich in tone and texture, both equally smooth

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a WSL jacketing book that offers something similar to this?

40F4796E-D4E2-4FF0-AA0C-65F8851A8642.png

Or any other suggestions for what might make a nice, light jacket for summer in Europe? I’ll likely also be travelling with a tobacco linen suit.

Still pining for a DB navy hopsack blazer but suspect it’s not so practical for the height of summer

The J

Reaction score

View attachment 1146691

Or any other suggestions for what might make a nice, light jacket for summer in Europe? I’ll likely also be travelling with a tobacco linen suit.

Still pining for a DB navy hopsack blazer but suspect it’s not so practical for the height of summer

Have you checked the Cacciopoli jacketing bunch this season? Some of the checks WSL looks great, they're 300g on average. The Harrisons Indigo bunch is quite new and interesting, but may be too light at about 230g.

I'm considering Dupioni silk myself, the texture looks delicious... they're about 350g.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1146691

The Loro Piana Giacche collection is nice for 2019. I dont remember any browns quite that saturated in color, but I can look again.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1146691

I am currently having the green version made up. I like that it is 100% wool.

Russet-base-Melange-Grey-Denim-Check-The-Merchant-Fox_1512x1456.jpg

Made up by WW Chan:
FoxChan.PNG

DL-

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads