1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Bespoke DJP

Bespoke DJP Senior Member

Dear @lordsuperb,

Some pages back, I provided you with a piece of information pertinent to a Zegna Cashco source; you may ask them for pictures, just for yourself!

Cheers,

Dimitris

2. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Distinguished Member

I shot them an email, no response.

3. Alan Bee

Alan Bee Senior Member

Wow, Dimitris, Maybe Tom Ford can pulls this off but I'm not sure I can :) Quite busy, don't you think?

The example from LS above I can picture as its a simple pane in gray and light gray. When you introduce a third color, it starts to get tricky. Not sure I'm at that level yet :)

Thank you for chiming in sir.

Alan Bee

4. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Distinguished Member

@Alan Bee

I think a DB would be flattering for you, but would have to be cut very well for it to be so. Three piece might be easier for the tailor, and definitely more versatile. Has your tailor made you double-breasted suits in the past?

5. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior Member

I thought there was a fox flannel that was close to that. I was considering it for a commission at one point. Went with a tweed instead.

6. Bespoke DJP

Dear @Alan Bee,

Yes totally agree, but I posted this TF suit merely as an indication of a 3pc DB, the style and the atmosphere that it creates, and you have to imagine it in a less busy design as the windowpane that you are describing; it may become a very handsome garment!

Furthermore, I totally agree with our fellow SFers here, that based on what we have already seen, DB suits are very flattering for you.

Best,

Dimitris

7. Bespoke DJP

Are you sure? Just now, or back in that period? They are usually very typical, and respond quickly to enquiries. Having nothing to lose, I would retry.

BTW, I have checked the Cashco batch, although I haven't made anything cause the cost is very steep for what it is. Perhaps, next FW I would commission couple of Zegna cotton-elastane corduroys, which I find quite nice.

Best,

Dimitris

8. Alan Bee

Alan Bee Senior Member

6C8A53C0-3F8F-49A3-B1EF-7D84F885673D.jpeg ED566010-4D31-4CCF-B24E-48196921F22F.jpeg
    Interesting observation Dimitris. Here’s a pic of a garment at forward fitting now finished and delivered.

W. Bill Lamlana cloth in light beige. Playing around with ideas and wanted to make a dressy spring evening sport jacket with a shawl lapel.

I got this idea from a fellow here who had same cloth made up in peak lapel S/C but the cloth is just so beautiful and dressy I thought it’d make an elegant (non-formal) dinner jacket.

Alan Bee

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

I am really enjoying your pictures AB. This most recent order is quite interesting - I like it!

I enjoy the roping on the shoulders. And the length of the jacket is great.

10. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member