• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“Horrendous pocket square”
“So validating!”

yv5uv.jpg

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am new to IG. I have a whopping 6 followers. Help me understand, why would someone pay to have people follow them?

Psh. Clearly you've never had an entourage.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this thread is surprisingly catty.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-posting here this quick and relevant question for the tailoring cloth crowd (and a short break from admiring AB's six-pack)

We're considering doing a special re-run of the amazing green/brown deadstock Fox fabric we did this season. There were less than 20 meters left and we made very few jackets. Those who have seen them know they came out incredible.

As we've done a couple times in the past, we would offer MTO for jackets and cloth cut lengths. I'm personally itching to get a full suit made :smarmy:

I'd like a show of hands - who would be interested in being part of this for a cloth length?

Fit pic from the excellent @stylejournaldaily account on instagram (looks browner than IRL here)

View attachment 872365 View attachment 872366 View attachment 872367 View attachment 872368

I am in for 2.5 meters thanks Greg.

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Is that the current grey nailhead? And Prince Shetland, or another? I am losing track.

Yes it is the just delivered grey nailhead, the Prince Shetland and also the Sicilian Tweed

LeninPeak

Reaction score
We're considering doing a special re-run of the amazing green/brown deadstock Fox fabric we did this season. There were less than 20 meters left and we made very few jackets. Those who have seen them know they came out incredible.

Also in for 2.5m. Thanks a lot!

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah. I’m genuinely surprised by the interest in that fabric. I’m not saying it’s bad, I’m just curious: how many bespoke creations do y’all have that are in on the fabric.

Maybe it’s bc I’m relatively starting my bespoke wardrobe, but that is a nice odd jacket that wouldn’t be near the top of my list of commissions.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can appreciate it, but mossy dingy green ain’t my thang.

Mossy green/brown absolutely is my thing, which is why I need to sit this one out. Great looking fabric with real depth and interest, though.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woah. I’m genuinely surprised by the interest in that fabric. I’m not saying it’s bad, I’m just curious: how many bespoke creations do y’all have that are in on the fabric.

Maybe it’s bc I’m relatively starting my bespoke wardrobe, but that is a nice odd jacket that wouldn’t be near the top of my list of commissions.

How sad would the world be if we all liked the same things

My advice (to you and a few others) would be to focus on what you like and not spend too much energy trying to analyze (or vituperate about) what you dislike.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How sad would the world be if we all liked the same things

My advice (to you and a few others) would be to focus on what you like and not spend too much energy trying to analyze (or vituperate about) what you dislike.

I was just curious. Its a fine fabric; just wouldn't be my first, second, third, even 10th commission. I was just curious about other's relative wardrobes / how many bespoke pieces they have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads