• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so H&S has unfortunately discontinued the 'mustard yellow' corduroy swatch. P&H doesn't have anything similar. Anyone know of any other books that have a real mustard yellow?...and not that honey color...really yellow.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're right. There's more of a roll on the fresco mohair than the kid. In saying that there's not much of a sheen on the fresco mohair. More so on the kid. You can see the roll on the double breasted here. It's also made out of fresco mohair. Though I suppose because of the weave you could probably get away with wearing it casually without a tie because of the surface texture. I wear my sbpl either purely with button downs or dress shirt and bow ties (when dancing)

View attachment 847346

I definitely like DB suits - I currently have a grey DB flannel coming - figured it'd be a good place to start with bespoke (couldn't go wrong). But I might look at a fresco mohair. I'll have a better idea when I have an opportunity to feel the fabrics in person next month. Definitely looking forward to that.

I like your treatment of SB Peak Lapels.

Thanks for the photos of the mohair suits to give me an idea of what the options are.

...alternatively you could always try the halsteads two ply or three ply mohair that has little sheen and a lot of surface texture. It's rough though...I'm not that brave yet...perhaps my tenth suit I might jump the gun but I should be getting a flannel next as I don't have one

I don't think Im venturous enough to go with a 2 or 3 ply mohair with a rough texture - theres a reason I am leaning toward a crispaire or finmeresco over Minnis Fresco.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove those numbering?

IMG_0843.JPG

palodelincak

Reaction score
The cavalry twill from the H&S Dakota book is excellent. I have a pair in dark brown. I think it is around 13oz but drapes like a heavier cloth.

I'm looking for a dark brown cavalry twill, however I didn't find it in H&S Dakota book. Do you know the fabric code please?

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mactire

Reaction score
Yes. I mean, id imagine any tailor on the forum could tell you that's about their rate. Despos, reeves etc are probably in that range.

When you talk about fittings and handwork, handpadding the chest / lapels etc, it's my understanding that you're looking at 80 hours of work for a full suit. I didn't ask what cmt prices are but I know the prices including fabric. Lumbs golden bale flannel cost me 4500 (well it's in process).

I think 80 hours is well over the average even allowing for the padding to be done by hand.

But of course if you're happy with the work why change it. I think we've all seen plenty heartache on the forum over that.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say it falls more in line with the Edmond Fallot Dijon. Brisbane doesn't seem to have anything quite bright enough.

I think Bruce Boyer wears the H&S shade I am looking for in this image:
View attachment 847455

I made up a pair just like that. HFW Corn is what I used- Eskdale Trouser collection #9360. The photo on the website is pretty washed out. I'd suggest getting a sample to be sure.

ATWright

Reaction score
Following on from my introduction to the Harrison's cloth vault a few months ago, I am posting a few of the pieces that I have extra length for. For those who didn't see the original post, the vault has the leftovers of the old WBill basement, it is at the same site, as well as all the remaining pre-acquisition Lesser cloth left. As some of you commented, this is the good stuff. If anyone is interested, PM me. All prices are below trade by some way, which is one of the benefits of buying from here.

Firstly, some real gold. Some vintage H.Lesser & Sons Lumbs Golden Bale. You can see the London Shrunk marking in the first photo. Unfortunately, the photos don't do it justice.
Image-2.jpg

Image-3.jpg

The lengths below are both heavyweight vintage Lesser, the good stuff. Feel free to PM with any questions.
Image-1.jpg
Image-4 (1).jpg

dan'l

Reaction score
So, I seem to have the urge to pick up various lengths of unfunded liabilities, partly to have made next year and partly just for fun. This talk of the Lamlana collection being discontinued sort of spurred me on, I guess.

Anyways, do you guys ever buy cloth without having a plan to have it made up, within say 2-3 years? So far I've had my cloth made up within that time frame or even sooner. Now when you buy cloth that is beyond the indicated time frame (i.e. a "future"), are you ordering a different length, in order to protect the possibility of selling it? In my case, I only need 2m of cloth for a SC or 3m for suit, due to 1) my measurements and 2) my tailors' cutting ability. I'm wondering if I should be ordering 2.5m lengths when I hoard up on the Lamlana.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads