Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

Here are some pics of the John Molloy donegal tweeds: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I am loathe to remove the bolts from the packaging lest I find myself incompetent to re-pack it before I visit my tailor.
    Looks very nice- I really like the blue/green and I almost never like that color.

2. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

Just received these swatches in the mail. I like the 7538 for a summer coat. Hardy Riviera [​IMG]
    7553 for the win.

3. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

7553 for the win.

+1

4. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

7553 for the win.

+2

5. LanceW

LanceW Senior member

Would Minnis 0510 be good for an odd jacket?

The pattern is very small. I was thinking a DB suit.

Any recommendations for a black and white check with a dominate blue overcheck which could be used for an odd jacket then? [​IMG]

6. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Any recommendations for a black and white check with a dominate blue overcheck which could be used for an odd jacket then? [​IMG]

Sounds too much like a suiting.

7. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Does anyone know the details of this fabric, specifically what book it is in? I have been looking for something exactly like this for awhile. This is from PhatGuido's blog (I pm'd him and got no response) and he describes it thusly:

Suit#1 Loro Piana 270 gm wool/cashmere POW plaid with warm tones & blue highlights . Jacket will have 2 button, single breast, 2 curved hip patch pockets,"barchetta" breast pocket, soft shoulder aka "spalla camicia", twin vent, 1/2 lined in navy, canvassed, & 4 kissing functioning button hole sleeves. Pantaloons will be flat front, natural waist rise, no belt loops, side adjusters, button fly, looser leg from knee down & 5cm cuffs. All hand finished.

[​IMG]

8. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Does anyone know the details of this fabric, specifically what book it is in? I have been looking for something exactly like this for awhile. This is from PhatGuido's blog (I pm'd him and got no response) and he describes it thusly:

Suit#1 Loro Piana 270 gm wool/cashmere POW plaid with warm tones & blue highlights . Jacket will have 2 button, single breast, 2 curved hip patch pockets,"barchetta" breast pocket, soft shoulder aka "spalla camicia", twin vent, 1/2 lined in navy, canvassed, & 4 kissing functioning button hole sleeves. Pantaloons will be flat front, natural waist rise, no belt loops, side adjusters, button fly, looser leg from knee down & 5cm cuffs. All hand finished.

[​IMG]

Not sure if you are looking for Mina to make this for you, but she carries a lot of LP, I've seen a few similar fabrics, look in the orange book that starts with a C, forgot the brand, they have LP make them stuff.

9. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Not sure if you are looking for Mina to make this for you, but she carries a lot of LP, I've seen a few similar fabrics, look in the orange book that starts with a C, forgot the brand, they have LP make them stuff.
    Thanks Ed. I actually sent her the pic and unfortunately she didn't see this one in any of the books she has.

10. Maccimus

Maccimus Senior member

Anyone has experience with Islay Woollen Mill? Quality of their tweed? Will they ship internationally?
    I found this:
    [​IMG]

11. Navi

Navi Senior member

I've seen alot of similar fabrics too. Maybe not 100% the same but very similar in many books. That one is really great though, I can understand why you want it. Love the orange and blue.

12. fox81

fox81 Senior member

dont know what book it is, but as its from P johnson, its not from a caccioppoli book.
    check out the last swatch on http://www.foxflannel.com/tailoringbunches.php (FS625)
    im pretty sure Mina doesnt carry Fox flannel, but you can buy direct from them and mina is always happy to work CMT.

if you still prefer the one from Guido's blog, have a look thru his, ethan and the p johnson tumblrs as they talk about the loro piana books and some similar designs there.

13. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

[​IMG]

That looks like jacketing to me. Are you going to get a suit made of it ?

14. apropos

apropos Senior member

That is not jacketing, not by a long shot. Come on man, you've been here 2 years. [​IMG]

15. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

That looks like jacketing to me. Are you going to get a suit made of it ?

This is suit to me.