• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JL724
Thinking about having a summer jacket made up in either the blue or red (linen/wool blend) and maybe a pair of pants in the solid dark brown. Thoughts?

Source of these sweeties if you dont mind?

JL724

Reaction score
Originally Posted by walneal
Source of these sweeties if you dont mind?

My local tailor purchased them from Tip Top Fabric. I believe he purchased everything they had.

JakeLA

Reaction score
Huddersfield only has 2.45 meters of the 0520 left
eh.gif

C&A

Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
Work in progress. Tailor, sewing a jacket is 70 years old, btw.
i-fqmSGm6-XL.jpg

This just looks great, thanks for posting. Any news your the Solaro suit? Do you by any chance have better pictures of the fabric lying on the table in front of the tailor? And possibly specs on that fabric?

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by C&A
This just looks great, thanks for posting. Any news your the Solaro suit? Do you by any chance have better pictures of the fabric lying on the table in front of the tailor? And possibly specs on that fabric?
Thanks! Solaro is ready and is waiting to be put on.
I did not ask about the fabric on the table. I believe it is something Italian most probably. Maybe bought from Caccioppoli Napoli or elsewhere.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Donegal tweeds (from John Molloy) at the local post office today -- it had been sitting there since May 4th but the idiot Posties delivered the notice cards to the wrong address
ffffuuuu.gif

$80.00 CAD in duties --
ffffuuuu.gif
Customs Office!

Anyway, material seems nice. I may attempt photos when I get home.

People at John Molloy are nice to deal with.
smile.gif

Now to make appointment with the tailor ...

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Picked up my Donegal tweeds (from John Molloy) at the local post office today -- it had been sitting there since May 4th but the idiot Posties delivered the notice cards to the wrong address
ffffuuuu.gif
$80.00 CAD in duties --
ffffuuuu.gif
Customs Office! Anyway, material seems nice. I may attempt photos when I get home. People at John Molloy are nice to deal with.
smile.gif
Now to make appointment with the tailor ...

Waiting with baited breath for the outcome.
biggrin.gif
Let us know what your tailor thinks. Are these good for trousers or just jacketings?

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Waiting with baited breath for the outcome.
biggrin.gif
Let us know what your tailor thinks. Are these good for trousers or just jacketings?

I am no expert, but guessing the herringbones at 14oz are a bit heavy for trawseez.
smile.gif

Maybe the plain donegal weave at 12.4 oz?

tounge.gif
Oh, and it's "bated" /pedantry

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I am no expert, but guessing the herringbones at 14oz are a bit heavy for trawseez.
smile.gif
Maybe the plain donegal weave at 12.4 oz?
tounge.gif
Oh, and it's "bated" /pedantry

lol8[1].gif
fair enuf "bated" Around here 14 oz is not too heavy for trousers, but if the cloth doesn't have a lot of structure it wouldn't work for pants.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice Banis. Did he make your Solaro suit, too? Anyone have experience with Fratelli Tallia di Delfino? I've run into a few photos and am curious. I tried emailing them, they said it's only available in Europe. Anyone know where one can purchase an iGent quantity (i.e. one jacket length)?
IMG_4041.jpg
e0147787_12462950.jpg

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sorry Parker, but except for the light grey at the very top, those look pretty ugly.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
laugh.gif
That's ok. More for me!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads