1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Definitely a jacket only.

2. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Oscar likes to make a bold statement. Actually, there is a guy who gets plaid DB suits in colors and patterns that would make him seem rather conservative. [​IMG]

3. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

You think? It's a nice spring sports jacket.

I like the blue with the stripes for a jacket with the white pants.

Oscar likes to make a bold statement. Actually, there is a guy who gets plaid DB suits in colors and patterns that would make him seem rather conservative. [​IMG]

Not all that bold. Just not the blue or grey business suit.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ool#post267351

Still think your fabric would be amazing as a suit, as pants with solid Barbour type quilted jacket and as a sports coat.

[​IMG]

-

4. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

I've instituted a new rule: I have to move fabric out to the tailor before I can bring new stuff in. So, to celebrate a piece of tweed and a piece of flannel going out the door, I picked up a couple pieces for next summer.

The first piece is a lightweight open-woven linen and silk blend that'll make a jacket:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second piece is a navy lightweight 20% mohair blend that'll make a summer suit (someday). The first pic is more colour-accurate:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Film Noir Buff

I've instituted a new rule: I have to move fabric out to the tailor before I can bring new stuff in. So, to celebrate a piece of tweed and a piece of flannel going out the door, I picked up a couple pieces for next summer. The first piece is a lightweight open-woven linen and silk blend that'll make a jacket: [​IMG] [​IMG] The second piece is a navy lightweight 20% mohair blend that'll make a summer suit (someday). The first pic is more colour-accurate: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Please take a better photo of the plaid. The mohair is very interesting. It looks like a denim and would make an interesting Hip outfit. What do you plan to make?

6. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

I busted a move and went for some 14/15 oz Fresco in mid grey, which was actually quite dark. I know 14/15 oz is not an ideal weight for Fresco, but I thought it was worth an experiment :) I hope my photography shows off the weave in all its rough glory. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Finally, the boring, but obligatory, birdseye view [​IMG]

7. Film Noir Buff

I busted a move and went for some 14/15 oz Fresco in mid grey, which was actually quite dark. I know 14/15 oz is not an ideal weight for Fresco, but I thought it was worth an experiment :) I hope my photography shows off the weave in all its rough glory. [​IMG]
    Thanks for the obligatory electron microscope view. What do you plan to use this for?

8. AndrewRogers

Thanks for the obligatory electron microscope view. What do you plan to use this for?

Labcoat :)

No, no, really, I will attempt a suit with a single-breasted, two-button coat with three patch pockets. This could be a disaster or a triumph of the 14/15 ounces. I am still thinking about it, however.

9. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

Labcoat :)

No, no, really, I will attempt a suit with a single-breasted, two-button coat with three patch pockets. This could be a disaster or a triumph of the 14/15 ounces. I am still thinking about it, however.

Put brown buttons on it and copyright it as a "frazersuit." [​IMG]

10. AndrewRogers

Put brown buttons on it and copyright it as a "frazersuit." [​IMG]

Hah! Look out for a thread discussing just such a thing in a month or two

11. AndrewRogers

I don't know whether I'm posting on here after buying the stuff or buying the stuff to post on here. Anyway, dark air force blue flannel (real deal) (13/14) [​IMG] mid-weight dark blue fresco (14/15) [​IMG] navy light-weight fresco (9/10) [​IMG] My desk [​IMG]

12. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

13. AndrewRogers

Dark air force blue. [​IMG]

This one rocks my socks more than anything else I have.

14. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

This one rocks my socks more than anything else I have.

+1 - very nice - what mill is that from?

15. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

me guess, minnis and hardy's

16. AndrewRogers

me guess, minnis and hardy's

Yep, as you can see the selvedge doesn't reveal a thing but it came with a J&J Minnis tag and the little do-dads a tailor may sew into the coat.

17. Film Noir Buff

I don't know whether I'm posting on here after buying the stuff or buying the stuff to post on here. Anyway, dark air force blue flannel (real deal) (13/14) [​IMG] mid-weight dark blue fresco (14/15) [​IMG] navy light-weight fresco (9/10) [​IMG] My desk [​IMG]
    Hmmm, a conspicuous absence of stripes is evident.

18. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Yep, as you can see the selvedge doesn't reveal a thing but it came with a J&J Minnis tag and the little do-dads a tailor may sew into the coat.

Thanks - could you pls id the exact cloth for me?

19. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minnis Rangoon in dark gray, 0126. Going to be tough to choose between a 3pc, 1b peak lapel, or 3pc, 2b notch!

20. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Senior member

where are you guys buying this incredible fabric?