• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Come to think it over, you're probably right about the relative costs of our respective ensembles!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
^ Come to think it over, you're probably right about the relative costs of our respective ensembles!
Don't forget the 4 million dollar, 8 carat purple diamond ring his wife's wearing.
laugh.gif

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kanye & Jason Bateman at Barneys
Kim Kardashian at Ralphs
Michael Rappaport at Milk Cafe on Beverly

Yes, all winners (/sarcasm. Except for Jason Bateman, because I like him)

And I had a sit-down convo with Kobe Bryant randomly...he was sitting all alone at a chain Mexican Restaurant in Irvine off of Culver. This was right after that whole Colorado-****-thing. He was super cool...but I felt bad because after I left, he was swarmed by onlookers.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
Kanye & Jason Bateman at Barneys
Kim Kardashian at Ralphs
Michael Rappaport at Milk Cafe on Beverly

Yes, all winners (/sarcasm. Except for Jason Bateman, because I like him)

And I had a sit-down convo with Kobe Bryant randomly...he was sitting all alone at a chain Mexican Restaurant in Irvine off of Culver. This was right after that whole Colorado-****-thing. He was super cool...but I felt bad because after I left, he was swarmed by onlookers.

Did you spit game to that hoe?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tom Selleck at the RL Mansion. I'm sporting a '70s style moustache these days and he stopped and checked me out, then gave me a nod that only those sporting a soup strainer understand.

lefty

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Bobby Flay in the Turf Club at the Breeder's cup - not really random, I suppose. He owned a winning horse on Friday.

Auhasardrobert

Reaction score
About a year ago I bumped into Tim Geithner in Tokyo's Narita airport. We were walking in the same direction, I noticed him and said hello and we chatted up until he reached United's FC lounge. Surprisingly personable guy, although shorter than expected.

Also- I grew up in a town where it's now become somewhat of a summer haven for a handful of celebs and retired athletes. I can tell you Wayne Gretzky is a class act and John Elway is a ******* lush.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Tom Selleck at the RL Mansion. I'm sporting a '70s style moustache these days and he stopped and checked me out, then gave me a nod that only those sporting a soup strainer understand.

lefty

That is fantastic!

I was once walking through downtown Vancouver at around 3:00am and was stopped as I crossed a street because there was a film crew doing a shoot in a coffee shop there. I asked what the show was and they said it was X-Files. After a minute they told me I could go ahead and as I walked past the shop David Duchovny was looking out the window and caught my eye. We nodded.

Jarandas

Reaction score
Claudia Schiffer at a party in Rome.

Malcolm McDowell at a store in Marbella.

Sean Connery at a cafeteria.

Kevin Costner in a Porsche next to me waiting for the traffic light to turn green.

Anthony Hopkins drinking tea at another cafeteria.

Brad Pitt and Steven Soderbergh right in front of a hotel in Rome while they were filming Oceans Thirteen.

Fernando Alonso, the Spanish Formula 1 driver, while I was working for and advertising agency in Sweden, we made the corporate identity of one of his sponsors and had to film a commercial... he´s absurdly short.

Antonio Banderas, many times... he´s my neighbors brother.

Jarandas

Reaction score
Ah, one more...

Max Von Sydow jogging in Stockholm... he´s in good shape for his age!

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Briefly met with Stephen Colbert at the taping of his show last night. Not terribly unexpected since it's his show, but I wasn't expecting to be placed in the front row; got a high five, a nice handshake, and met with him after the show for a quick moment. He's a wonderful guy, genuinely funny, and an incredible talent. The taping was a riot.

Also, the warm-up comedian pulled me in front of the whole audience because I was dressed "suspiciously well" with a navy flannel DB, brown cords from incotex, suede punch caps, and a bengal striped shirt. We had some pretty good banter about my profession and clothes; the crowd seemed to eat it up. Fun times.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Also, the warm-up comedian pulled me in front of the whole audience because I was dressed "suspiciously well" with a navy flannel DB, brown cords from incotex, suede punch caps, and a bengal striped shirt. We had some pretty good banter about my profession and clothes; the crowd seemed to eat it up. Fun times.
Code word for teh ****?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Code word for teh ****?

Haha, I made sure to dispel that when the comedian said "ladies, take this one home to mom!" and I replied "she already has" while motioning to my girlfriend and giving her a wink.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics