Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by caelte, Sep 2, 2007.

1. bBoy JEe

bBoy JEe Senior member

Spent some QT on Saturday and Sunday with Amy P., Will A. and their son at the playground.

From some random celebrity site...

Will Arnett and pregnant Amy Poehler brought their son Archie to enjoy a Summer afternoon at Central Park on Friday. The funny trio met up with Amy's old SNL costar Jason Sudeikis, who brought a lady friend who definitely wasn't Jennifer Aniston. The Poehler-Arnetts were out again on Saturday for a stroll in Greenwich Village with their dog.

.... OMG... R U Jason Sudeikis??? [​IMG]

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Jason who? [​IMG]

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Wow - he's a better actor than I thought! [​IMG]

Just kidding - I dont' hate opera, and I think he's a pretty good actor.

"ABC - Always Be Closing!"
    "AIDA - Attention, Interest, Decision, Action"
    "What's my name? [​IMG] , That's my name!"

Believe me, I had to resist the urge to just throw those quotes at him all night long.

He wore a tux that night, but he was alone.

4. Squall.Leonhart

Squall.Leonhart Well-Known Member

1. I was walking with my cousin back east in NYC, and bumped a girl side-by-side while I was walking. We looked at each other and laughed and kept moving. My cousin then goes, "you almost knocked over Nicole Ritchie!" and I went "who?" Right as I take another glance, two little girls run up to her to get an autograph.

2. Went to an club with my neighbor who ran an expensive used car dealership. He tells my roommate and I that we will get in no problem because the guy he sold a some cars to wanted to have us at their table. Turned out to be linebackers Shawn Merriman and Steven Cooper lol.

3. Sat next to Kirsten Dunst at the Magic Castle, and all I could think of the whole time was that she was Mary Jane. I wanted to do Spider-Man hands but I figured it was a bad idea. She was pretty friendly, and super hot in person. She was strangely dressed like a flapper girl, but she made it work FO SHO.

5. West24

West24 Senior member

not exactly unexpected cause i was at the world premier of the movie, but was in the washroom with chrostopher plummer. holla watup.

6. Reborn

Reborn Senior member

Saw Tom Selleck walking smoking a cigar on e78 & 2nd. Sadly there was no chest hair showing.

7. windrunner

windrunner Senior member

Blake Lively and co. filming Gossip Girl earlier this week outside my apt on the UWS. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

- Saw Kevin Smith in a comic book store.

- Bret Hart talking on a cell phone at the Eaton Centre

- Chris Bosh doing some photo shoot in a plaza. Guy is tall!

I've seen a lot of local talent, so if you're not Canadian you might not know who they are.

- Singer Dallas Green with Leah Miller.

- Jesse Keeler of Death From Above 1979 and MSTRKRFT.

- Jonathan Torrens, aka 'J-Roc" of the Trailer Park Boys

- Comedian Sean Cullen.

- MTV host Darren Jones. Actually, its usually local hosts/anchors that I see

- Some of those Degrassi kids.

9. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

- - Some of those Degrassi kids.
    These are not celebs outside of Canadia

10. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

Spent some QT on Saturday and Sunday with Amy P., Will A. and their son at the playground.

They have two? It was Archie - he's about the same age as our boys. Super cute little guy. Very friendly mom.

I love them both. Was Will not so friendly.

11. sonick

sonick Senior member

Saw Ronnie from Jersey Shore in the VIP section of a local club I was at tonight!!!!!

12. willpower

willpower Senior member

Jerry Springer on Sunset Blvd near Guitar Center

13. unjung

unjung Senior member

Saw Ronnie from Jersey Shore in the VIP section of a local club I was at tonight!!!!!

Yeah, that was a promo tour. Fail. [​IMG]

14. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Was in South Coast Plaza yesterday running an errand for my wife. As I was going up to the third floor of Bloomingdale's, ahead of me there was a very tall, muscular light-skinned, shaven-headed African-American man a step or two ahead of me on the escalator. With him was a good-looking Latina woman, and suddenly I realized it was none other than Kobe Bryant.

There I was in my W.W. Chan casual summer suit from a tan Harrison's Frontier fabric, while Bryant, whose net worth is doubtless several hundred times my own, was wearing some designer jeans that had seen better days and a white V-neck T-shirt. So much for clothes as significators of wealth and status!

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

There I was in my W.W. Chan casual summer suit from a tan Harrison's Frontier fabric, while Bryant, whose net worth is doubtless several hundred times my own, was wearing some designer jeans that had seen better days and a white V-neck T-shirt. So much for clothes as significators of wealth and status!

Showing your years there Jan. His jeans and T-shirt likely cost more than your suit. [​IMG]

Did you offer to give him your autograph? I love doing that to famous people.