Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by caelte, Sep 2, 2007.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

cool. was she in your class?

I assume their respective kids go to the same school...

Julianne Moore... [​IMG]

2. romafan

romafan Senior member

I assume their respective kids go to the same school...

Julianne Moore... [​IMG]

couple years apart. [​IMG]

3. Homme

Homme Senior member

Last 3 or 4 weeks: Mischa Barton chased by paparazzi on the Bowery, Sienna Miller at the coffee shop, Ron Perlman strolling around, Jeff Goldblum reading on a bench, Brooke Shields hanging with the kids, Willem Dafoe nodding at me as I walked out of my building.

That's pretty cool.

4. jrandall

jrandall Active Member

Anthony Kiedis, served him at the restaurant I worked at over the summer. Awesome guy, if you didn't know who he was you would have thought he was a total bum.

5. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Saw A-Rod with Kate Hudson the other night with their entourage. I made a joke about how Kate Hudson seemed "plump" and looked like she was carrying water weight. Then I find out the rumor is that she is pregnant. [​IMG]

Same restaurant and same night I saw Vizzini from Princess Bride. Inconceivable!

6. West24

West24 Senior member

saw George Chuvalo buying a cup of coffee at local Coffee Time,told him i was a fan and shook his hand,his literally enveloped mine and im 6 foot 1 228 pounds.

nice, he was in attendance at my boxing tournament. with spider jones announcing and steve mollitor coaching. my grandfather told me stories about going to watch chuvalo train when he was going to fight ali. he said he was an absolute beast.

7. bobdobalina

bobdobalina Senior member

1. 50 Cent and I were the only two people working out at my gym (about three weeks ago).
    2. I sat next to Meadow Soprano on a flight to Toronto.
    3. Former MTV VJ Duff was trick-or-treating yesterday in my friend's building.

8. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

2. I sat next to Meadow Soprano on a flight to Toronto.

Should have asked her for a hand job, a la Turtle.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Saw Iman again today. And again, she was wearing sweatpants. Saw this woman 4 times in the last year on my block or at the grocery store - every single time she was wearing black Adidas sweatpants.

10. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

nice, he was in attendance at my boxing tournament. with spider jones announcing and steve mollitor coaching. my grandfather told me stories about going to watch chuvalo train when he was going to fight ali. he said he was an absolute beast.

saw George Chuvalo buying a cup of coffee at local Coffee Time,told him i was a fan and shook his hand,his literally enveloped mine and im 6 foot 1 228 pounds.

He's actually friends with my step-father, as were a lot of boxers in Canada.

11. barims

barims Senior member

My faves:

As a kid over 20 years ago, my family and I ran into Tony Curtis in the South of France. As an older kid around 15 years ago, I ran into Donald Sutherland at Charles de Gaulle. Both stars were very friendly and charming

I also had the pleasure of meeting Mischa Barton twice in 2006 whilst clubbing - once in London and again in Manhattan

Last year, two of my female cousins and I were having a drink at the Claridge Hotel and they became agog upon noticing Tom Ford having a meeting with another man across from us. I bet them that I would get him to talk to us and made a sly attempt to insinuate myself into his conversation as they collected their bill. He was rather gracious and joking about it

There are others, but not exactly unexpected. The most recent ones have been a little less starry

12. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

In Manhattan last night: Vernon Jordan in the lobby of the NY Hilton. Charlie Rose standing in the street near 63rd & Mad talking to some friends.

13. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

14. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Just beat Blake Griffin, Clippers/NBA #1 draft pick, at flip cup.

Now THAT was unexpected.

15. The_Jar

The_Jar Senior member

I bumped into jimmy fallon last night at molly's bar @3rd and 22nd. said what's up, talked a little about the yankees, then headed out