Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by caelte, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Back in the late '90s, I was supposed to meet a friend at Paddy Maguires (dumpy neighborhood bar up the block on 3rd Ave) but didn't make it. The next day he called to tell me Brangelina (although they weren't called that then) had been there all night playing pool and making out. Boom next day it's in the press and THE relationship of the millenium was in full swing....

[​IMG] Nice!

That reminds me of the best near-miss I ever had.

In Tucson in about '95 I spent practically every weekend at a bar called Suite 102 drinking with the other members of the Active 20/30 Club.

This was also around the time when they were filming the movie Tin Cup in town.

Of course, on the Saturday following one of the only Friday nights when I decide that I'm too tired to go out, I get a phone call letting me know that Kevin Costner and Don Johnson had come in and hung out all night at the bar with my friends. Apparently they were pretty cool.

2. Jacksdad

Jacksdad Senior member

I put my hands down Mike Tysons pants....no seriously. When I was in college working at the gap Mike Tyson strolled in on a cold winter day looking for some jeans. He was wearing some silk Versace pants and said "do you guys sell Levi's"? I said no but I would be happy to find you a pair of our own brand. I took him to the big denim wall, picked out a pair of 38x30 baggy fit jeans and put him in the dressing room. 2 minutes later he walks out and says "can I wear these out of the store?" By this time he had already attached this jewel encrusted Versace belt to the jeans and in order for him to wear them out I needed to remove the sensor. Holy crap was I nervous! The sensor was way down in there and the last thing I wanted to do was damage the belt. Shaking like a little girl I was able to extract the sensor out of the pants and off he went.
    I honestly don't think I have ever met a nicer more soft spoken guy in my entire life.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I put my hands down Mike Tysons pants....no seriously. I honestly don't think I have ever met a nicer more soft spoken guy in my entire life.
    I'm usually pretty nice to the people who put their hands down my pants too. [​IMG]

4. mert54

mert54 Senior member

will smith was filming pursuit of happiness both at my bank, but I missed him there, and a block from my house, where I saw him.

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

marc jacobs just bummed a cigarette off of me

6. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

marc jacobs just bummed a cigarette off of me

is this a sexual euphemism [​IMG]

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

haha. no. girl in my office asked if i asked him for a bag. last person i'd ask for a "bag". afraid of results

8. romafan

romafan Senior member

"you were teabagged by marc jacobs?!" [​IMG]

you see, this is how rumors start....

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Calvin Klein at Elmo yesterday

Chuck Close scooting by a few days ago in front of the Billy Reid store on Bond St.

10. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

I think that most people who live in NYC see celebrities on a regular basis. I know that I have seen hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of them over the years. Not many of the celebrities that you see are A-list types and more frequantly they are on some lower list (or no list at all)...

Sorry if any spelling errors.....

In recent memory I have seen Gisele Bundchen, a bunch of other Victoria Secret models, Q-tip, Tyson Beckford, Alec Baldwin, Heidi Klum, one of the Beastie Boys (Mike Diamond?), Fab 5 Freddy, Benicio Del Toro, P-diddy, Some kid from some bullshit teen show (Gossip Girl), Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Liev Schreiber, Marky Mark Wahlberg, Emile Hirsch, Norah Jones, Moby, Kiefer Sutherland, Matt Dillon, Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Adam Sandler, Jeff Koons, Jim Jones, Camron, Ben Stiller, Rosie Perez, Mario Battali (not a celebrity i guess), Anthony Bourdain (another chef.. not a celebrity i guess), a bunch of pro Athletes, Ice-T and his wife, Scarlett Johanson, Steven Spielberg, Martina Narvatalova, the dreadlock tapdancer kid, David Byrne (talking heads) and a bunch of other people i cannot even remember or people who you recognize but dont know the name of .... and then you go down the list to eating at Jackson Hole burger joint and sitting next to Jerry Springer (he had just been interviewed on Channel 11..lol).

Keep in mind that this is at Whole Foods, Union Square, Houston Street, 42nd street (near the UN), near Corner Bistro and places like that. I dont even go to the clubs or nice places to eat. I am sure those places are PACKED with celebrities.

And those flea markets that used to be on 6th ave in Chelsea... i used to see all kinds of people there... i miss those flea markets.

I would think this is no different than living in LA.

[​IMG]

11. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Chuck Close scooting by a few days ago in front of the Billy Reid store on Bond St.

Awesome!!!

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

chuck close
    [​IMG]

13. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Have you ever seen Julian Schnabel? (spelling?) Doesnt he live somewhere downtown?

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I put my hands down Mike Tysons pants....no seriously. When I was in college working at the gap Mike Tyson strolled in on a cold winter day looking for some jeans. He was wearing some silk Versace pants and said "do you guys sell Levi's"? I said no but I would be happy to find you a pair of our own brand. I took him to the big denim wall, picked out a pair of 38x30 baggy fit jeans and put him in the dressing room. 2 minutes later he walks out and says "can I wear these out of the store?" By this time he had already attached this jewel encrusted Versace belt to the jeans and in order for him to wear them out I needed to remove the sensor. Holy crap was I nervous! The sensor was way down in there and the last thing I wanted to do was damage the belt. Shaking like a little girl I was able to extract the sensor out of the pants and off he went.
    I honestly don't think I have ever met a nicer more soft spoken guy in my entire life.

now that is one unbelievable claim you will always have for the rest of your life!!

15. romafan

romafan Senior member

I sometimes see Chuck C. sitting in his chair on the same spot (Bond or Great Jones?) just off Lafayette - he must have a studio there....

I have seen Matt Damon in our drycleaners (and I think his picture is hanging in there)