Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by caelte, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Lily Cole (who is a famous model, apparently) and Hermoine "Emma Watson" Granger are around here somewhere, but I have yet to see either of them.

Ate at a table next to Jimmy Falon at Keens a couple years ago.

2. sunshowers

sunshowers Active Member

When I was working at a department store I met Diana Krall, who was buying baby things for her newborn twins. She was really friendly and chatty until I saw her credit card and went, "Diana... omg, you're Diana K-" She immediately put her hand to her face and looked at the floor. I think she was afraid that I'd start screaming, "OH IT'S DIANA KRALL!!!" and draw everyone's attention to her or whatever. I didn't say anything else about it and I guess she appreciated that because she always looked for me whenever she came back to the store.

I hung out for a bit with a couple of the Detroit Red Wings in a hotel hot tub... Samuelsson, and some other Swedish player. I didn't recognize them, I just noticed they had really ripped bodies. [​IMG] But my boyfriend knew who they were. He's Norwegian so he started chatting with them about hockey (Swedish and Norwegian are mutually intelligible) while I ogled their six-packs. That was fun!

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

past run ins:

Elisha Cuthbert at Barneys. while my wife was checking out, Elisha was cashing out right next to her. didnt say anything other than stare like a psycho

Bruce Springsteen at Barneys, were looking at the same rack (of clothes)

Jessica Biel at Anthropology....I was sitting on a couch and she was browsing the rack right in front of me so I browsed her rack

Christopher Walken in an elevator...by the time i realized who it was (face mostly covered in a big hat) he was 5 steps away and I didnt want to make a jackass out of myself, tho I should have for Walken

Zach de la Rocha (singer of Rage Against the Machine, I dunno if he qualifies as a celebrity)....knew that fool when he was in h.s. and in hardcore bands.

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

past run ins:

Elisha Cuthbert at Barneys. while my wife was checking out, Elisha was cashing out right next to her. didnt say anything other than stare like a psycho

Jessica Biel at Anthropology....I was sitting on a couch and she was browsing the rack right in front of me so I browsed her rack

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    I would have gone home and immediately jacked it.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ isnt that what store restrooms are for?

but both gals look STUNNING in real life. no disappointment

6. Patrician

Patrician Senior member

Somewhere in crazy Europe with all the naked girls
    I had a quick chat with the king of Sweden once. [​IMG]

7. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

From the b list.

I was once jostled by a fellow sauntering past (a very pickled) me in a Toronto pool hall. Turned out to be Lou Diamond Philips. My (even more pickled) friend offered "Let's swarm him!".

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thom Browne at the gym yesterday. The guy is in pretty good shape

Well I saw James Cromwell at my gym yesterday, and he's amazingly fit for an old dude, and tall. I bet he could kick Thom's ass.

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Well I saw James Cromwell at my gym yesterday, and he's amazingly fit for an old dude, and tall. I bet he could kick Thom's ass.

He knows Black Panthers! Never Mess with James Cromwell!

10. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

The WAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!! guys work out at the gym closest to my house.
    I never encounter them, having never set foot in a gym, but my associates frequently relate their latest interactions with them.

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

The WAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!! guys work out at the gym closest to my house.
    I never encounter them, having never set foot in a gym, but my associates frequently relate their latest interactions with them.

Let me guess---- they scream WASSSSSUUUUPPPP!!!!! with their tongues out at the guys, who try to act like they have no idea what your friends are talking about?

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Thom Browne at the gym yesterday.

+1

Also, I was walking about of The National Chorale and noticed a tall lady in a Prada coat. Turned out it was Sigourney Weaver.

13. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

Let me guess---- they scream WASSSSSUUUUPPPP!!!!! with their tongues out at the guys, who try to act like they have no idea what your friends are talking about?
    An occupational hazard. [​IMG]

14. 83glt

83glt Senior member

Ed McMahon, Dan Rather, and Bill Moyers. In that order, all in one day last week in the lobby of my office building.

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Dunno if I posted this a dozen or so pages ago but I was eating at Charlier Palmer's Steak with co-workers and spotted Dan Rather having lunch with another dude. They had a camera team with them so I figured he was interviewing for his new show. This was about 18 months ago.