Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by caelte, Sep 2, 2007.

1. double00

double00 Senior member

when i was 12 i was in the audience for a live taping of Murphy Brown! they'll probably use my laugh on some sitcom when i'm dead.

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

I'm sure the 20-year-old at the front of the house was saying, "boy, that old lady was pretty pissed off."

lefty

3. romafan

romafan Senior member

i hate that (waiting forever)! lefty - are you going to reveal the place? :confused2:

4. lefty

lefty Senior member

The Whitby Hotel. Funny enough the next day I was talking with the publisher of a pretty big design mag who stayed there recently and said the service was terrible.

Our experience wasn't great for a half empty room.

I get that new hot joints take a while to get the kinks out, but Christ, if Candice B is waiting over an hour for food get your ass in there with some major suck up.

lefty

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

B-actress Kate Bosworth at JFK while I was at the bar waiting for my flight last month. Sorta pretty woman.

6. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Not recent (never saw this thread before) but a couple years ago I was at a small cheese shop/deli in Wisconsin with my wife and daughter (who was 2 at the time) and saw Mark Murphy, President of the Green Bay Packers and former Washington Redskins defensive back. My daughter was kinda running around and Mark basically tripped over her. I apologized but never made mention that I knew who he was.
    They (Mark and his wife) actually sat next to us for lunch and his wife was very nice and commented on how she was enamored with our daughter. We only got one crazed fan walking on the street who shouted "Good luck this season!". It was an older Asian lady who was walking with her son and the son scolded his mom for interrupting the lunch. It was pretty funny.

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Ran into Oliver Peck at a show in Asheville the other day. His ex-wife is probably a bigger actual celebrity, but he's a great guy and a giant in his industry..

8. comrade

comrade Senior member

Add to my encounters:
    Saw Larry Page, founder of Google, with his striking wife at an event that I attended last weekend.

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Kudos to you for even recognizing him.. I wouldn't know him if he stepped in front of my car! Guess if you're in the biz tho..

10. comrade

comrade Senior member

Was in the Biz. His kids are in school with my grandchildren.