1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by caelte, Sep 2, 2007.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Sat next to Carl Weathers on a plane.

2. romafan

romafan Senior member

Pretty sure I finally saw :foo: last night in my neighborhood (he's been living here for a couple of years I think), walking down University....:happy:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. 89826

89826 Senior member

Ok, to get this thread going again. These two stories are from the middle 1980's, shortly after I moved to Los Angeles. I worked at Abercrombie and Fitch, at the base of Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. In those days, the store still sold primarily high-end sporting goods, including guns on the second floor.

Lots of celebs were customers because it did sell some nice stuff and we had a parking lot in the back, so people could sneak in and out.

I worked on the lower-level floor, where the sporting goods were. One day Bo Derek and her Svengali husband John came in. This was 3 or 4 years after the movie 10 came out, and she was one of the hottest women in the world, if not the hottest. It was the middle of a weekday, and the floor was deserted. John disappeared with the store manager for about an hour trying to cut a deal on the stuff he was buying.

I entertained Bo, the two of us alone for the hour, showing her all of the equipment and gizmos we sold. Then John and the manager returned to the floor as Bo was trying a rowing machine. I said, you can turn around on the seat and use it as a bench-press. Basically that was just some sales BS. Bo tried it, and she was wearing a beautiful revealing light loose sun dress with no bra. John grabbed and squeezed one of her breasts right in front of us and said keep your elbows high to work right here. She was unfazed.

I was the resident ski expert. One Day OJ Simpson and his wife Nicole came in. God rest her soul. The Juice wanted to buy some skithotics, which are custom footbeds for ski boots. The customer sat on a high seat sort of like a throne. A crowd had gathered around because it was The Juice and he was wisecracking away. (It's easy to forget he was once a hero and well-liked.) The process was you heated up this cork footbed blank in a tiny oven until the cork got soft, put it in a rigid plastic form, pulled a plastic bag over the form and lower leg, and hooked the bag up to a vacuum pump. The customer stood up and drove his knee forward a little and you turned on the pump which made a racket. The bag is sucked tight around the leg and form. OJ turned to Nicole and half yelled damn Honey, this thing sucks harder than you do. She just shook her head like she had heard it a hundred times before. Everybody roared with laughter.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017 at 3:02 PM
    Joffrey likes this.