1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by caelte, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

:lol: Did you give him the finger?!

2. romafan

romafan Senior member

Tuesday night, Jon Corzine, looking none the worse for wear, at Covenant House event...

Last weekend, up at kidz hockey tournament in Massachusetts: Emmit Smith, Pete Rose & Bobby Hull (autograph convention at one of the hotels, I believe). Would not have recognized ES but someone told me and put us on alert for others....

3. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Within the past two weeks or so

Pretty much the entire cast of the sopranos minus gandolfini of course
    michael moore
    dwayne 'the rock' johnson
    steven colbert
    josh groban
    dude who plays the penguin in gotham on netflix
    carrie underwood

some other minor people i forget

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Absolutely love her. She is on my bucket list of celebrities to meet.

5. spertia

spertia Senior member

Saw Jared Leto (green hair and all, for current role as The Joker) riding his bike through McGolrick Park in Greenpoint a couple of weeks ago.

6. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I thought I saw hi a few weeks ago in Tribeca. Wrong, was some other lesbian.

2 people like this.
  7. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

8. Kid Nickels

It's unexpected encounters with celebrities… so what's the story man you can't just post his name! :happy:

9. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

+1

10. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Just saw Ann Coulter at a Houston 24 Hr Mexican place called ChaCho on Westheimer.

It's a counter place, so we talked for about 5 minutes waiting for our orders.

She had just done a book signing and a talk at a Church on Woodway, and I must admit she looked better in person than she does on TV.

11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I've crossed paths with Adam Sandler and his kids at my neighborhood coffee/bagels stop a couple of times. And last week Geena Davis was with her kids at the table next to me in a local Chinese restaurant. She looks good, considering I think she's, like, even older than me.

12. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Zachary Quinto at the Guggenheim

13. romafan

romafan Senior member

:confused:

1 person likes this.
  14. Streettrash

Streettrash Senior member

More like a somewhat well known athlete than a celebrity but I saw Tony Hawk in a Cost Plus in Oceanside a couple of weeks ago. He was shopping the Halloween section with one of his kids. I said hi to him, he's a pretty friendly guy. I kept it at a short hello since he was with a kid and looked like he was just running errands.

3 people like this.
  15. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

The bird man is a much more legit celeb than many in this thread.

3 people like this.
  16. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ I would like to meet him and Rodney Mullen.

1 person likes this.
  17. Kid Nickels

So Saturday afternoon I'm in one of my fave Korean marts in K-Town (surprise) and who is the only other white dude within a 5 block radius I happen to run into??? Yes, you are right! Of course it's Mike Doughty! (for the record if you don't know who Mike Doughty is stop reading and go fuck yourself).

For the approximately 25% of you who remain… I've "met" him before after shows and events in my more music-related days in Cleveland, so I already know he's not gonna be super stoked to be talking to random fans especially when he figures "oh, I'll be safe in K-town, nobody knows who the fuck I am!". He's always been a bit introverted and even painfully so when he was drugged up in Soul Coughing … so I gave him my card. It was funny he kind of chilled a bit… "ok you're still a nutty fan, but an entertainment lawyer nutty fan so… hi, nice to meet you ;) I still need to be going now." lol, yep that's Doughty.

Seemed he must have been hanging close by because he carried his groceries out in one bag and just went walking off down some random street. Seriously under appreciated artist IMO.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  18. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

His book is pretty good if you haven't read it.

1 person likes this.
  19. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Saw Hilary Swank at the VIP opening of Art Basel Miami Beach last Thursday. She was talking to someone (possibly an art advisor?), so I didn't try to meet her. She's a lot more petite than you would imagine.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  20. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Eric Ripert walking the beach in grand Cayman. And again outside his restaurant 15 seconds after typing the first sentence.