1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by caelte, Sep 2, 2007.

1. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

fuck yeah Spike - don't give in to the corporate machine's attempt to control you

1 person likes this.
  2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I don't know their names and i refuse to learn them.

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

I was about three feet from Jason Isbell before his show a few weeks ago. He was outside having a smoke right next to where we parked. I walked over, but by the time I got there he was wrapping up a conversation and about to head inside. I couldn't bring myself to go all fanboy and try to get his attention.

Also, this isn't really an encounter, but it seems to be the most appropriate spot for it. I recently found out that, according to family lore, my paternal grandfather played steel guitar for Lefty Frizzell, and my father, who is a junior everyone calls "Sonny," was given that moniker due to my family's association with Sonny James. No idea if it's true, but it was corroborated by a second family member, the timing makes sense, and my grandfather was one hell of a steel player.

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Vente, fool. Grande = medium.

5. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

6. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

You guys don't have someone pick up your coffees?

1 person likes this.
  7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I live on three coffee plantations, does that count for anything?

1 person likes this.
  8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

*sigh*

Who is the pleb that doesn't know the definition of plebe?

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

About 70% of SF? I'd forgotten myself until you reminded me a while back.

10. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

What tortured definition of the word "plebe" are you using? "Plebe" is entirely appropriate in the context above.

11. marblehouse

marblehouse Senior member

Ate dinner next to katy mixon (april from eastbound and down) and danny mcbride.

Staff was going nuts over danny mcbride being in the restaurant. Service sucked the entire night, you're welcome.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Went to a meeting today at the Lakers' practice facility for a project we're working on and ran into Lakers' GM Mitch Kupchak. Nice guy, seemed pretty laid-back... but my gosh is he tall! Duh, I know... he used to play in the NBA, but it's not everyday I hang out with people who are like 6'10" or something.

Weird side note... his right pinky finger does a 90 degree departure from his hand kinda like Denzel's but maybe worse. Made for semi-awkward handshake. :embar:

13. romafan

romafan Senior member

Hmmm, running into the Laker's GM at the Laker's practice facility...

Memorable, yes. Unexpected? No. But no one else is unexpectedly encountering, so what the hey...

I ran into Alec Baldwin & Hilaria outside of the bagel placce a couple of minutes after hearing about Philip Seymour Hoffman's OD

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ I wish I could unexpectedly encounter Ireland Baldwin in a hotel room

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

well it was unexpected for me... there was no plan to meet him and since it's the All-Star break not at all certain he was even there. I've been to the Dodgers facility and not run into Frank McCourt or Ned Colletti; been to Capitol Records and not run into Steve Barnett or Don Was; I've been to the DGA and not run into Steven Spielberg... see the pattern here?

yes, it was unexpected.

16. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Alec Baldwin might be the most spotted celeb for SF members.
    Spotted him at the Kailua WholeFoods with what I assume was his family. He looked like a total bum tho :/

17. 89826

89826 Senior member

I live on the westside of Los Angeles so I see lots of well-known cats. Off the top of my head, recently: Kate Beckinsale, Dustin Hoffman, Alexandra Paul (flat-chested chick from Baywatch), Rachel Weisz, Susan Sarandon, Al Pacino, James Worthy, Jerry Seinfeld, Reese Witherspoon, Axl Rose, and more that I can't remember.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  18. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

If you live in Los Angeles it's not Unexpected encounters.

19. phoni

phoni Senior member

I guess I see a fair amount of NHL players... but no one cares about that.

Many years ago, when I was still living in London, I went shopping at Selfridges with a mate. It was around Christmas, so fairly busy. As we were making our way up the escalators to the 3rd floor (that's the 'urban fashion' one, I think) we saw a fairly unkempt bloke with sunglasses, lim hair and blonde girlfriend in tow. On closer inspection it was ye olde hell-raising couple: Liam Gallagher + Patsy Kensit (mmmm, Patsy...). So far, so predictable, since this was London after all.

My mate gulped: "It's bloody Liam Gallagher!". I was adamant I wouldn't behave like a slack-jawed yokel: "Yeah yeah, keep calm; let's go." I casually started towards the next escalator, and my mate soon caught up with me. Liam and Patsy were still on the same floor as us, so I was sneaking a look, all crafty like.

My mate and I made it to the escalator, behaving like we saw rock stars every day and whatnot. I was already thinking, Patsy must have noticed how utterly cool I was; she'd most likely try to get my number. Somehow. Yeah, I was in! While I was rumminating over the prospects of the inevitable sexual adventure awaiting me, disaster!

Since we were both (or at least I was) concentrating on not looking at Liatsy (catchy, no? oh, OK...) we did not check to see if we were taking the correct escalator. We weren't; we made straight for the wrong way one. Like complete muppets, we both tripped and fell, limbs tangling, bags flying everywhere. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw a look of utter disappointment on Patsy's face.

She never called.

2 people like this.
  20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

If Patsy Kensit was a used car , she would have a few hundreds thousand miles under her bonnet..

Will you go after Liam Gallagher?