• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Passed by Mark Ibold on 6th Ave. in the Village last weekend walking with his summer babe.

Awesome!

Gruntle

Reaction score
Saw steve nash on W. Broadway few weeks ago. He was carying a skateboard walking with some chick in tights. Told him good luck next year, he responded thanks. GF laughed at me rest of the afternoon.

poissa

Reaction score
A couple years ago my buddy worked for a satellite radio station and was on par to interview Christopher Wolstenholme, the bassist of Muse and asks if I'd like to join. Naturally, we take the road trip up, he does his thing for work... all goes well.

After the concert, we have an opportunity for a meet-n-greet. I learn Matt Bellamy is a big poker player, like myself. My turn arrives to chat with Matt, I ask him to wish my sister well on her signed cd, got a poster to have autographed, next I ask him to make the poster out, "to a better poker player than myself." He showed me more than a little disdain before acceding.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ran into James Spader and his wife here in Fargo a few weeks ago.
(She's from here.)

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Ran into James Spader and his wife here in Fargo a few weeks ago.
(She's from here.)

Did you ask him WTF happened to his career?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About 10 years ago I was in the Detroit airport and MC Hammer came buy in one of those electric cars they use for them disableds and elderlies.

This was about 6 years after he declared bankruptcy. He was wearing that EXACT same **** he wore when Hammer Time was hot. Sunglasses and everything. Kinda sad.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(When he was still a Harvard Prof) Cornel West walking through the food court of the State Transportation Building, I yelled out "Good To See You Professor!" To which he replied loudly with hand raised aloft "Good To Be Seen!" Same food court featured Peter Wolf of J. Geils almost weekly in his now trademark black jacket, jeans and hat. Same foodcourt, Jeter and that Yankee Catcher.

Reaction score
Harrison Ford
Bo Derek
Elliot Gould
OJ and Nicole Simpson
Jane Fonda and Ted Turner
Alexandra Paul
James Worthy
Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins
Al Pacino
Alan Dershowitz
Tom Selleck
Patrick Dempsey
Jerry Seinfeld
David Lee Both
Axle Rose
E O Wilson
Wilt Chamberlin
Tom Arnold
Newt Gingrich
Sly Stallone
Isaiah Thomas
Michael Dukakis
Bruce Springsteen
Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell

Some pretty good stories too, but that's all for now.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 89826
Harrison Ford
Bo Derek
Elliot Gould
OJ and Nicole Simpson
Jane Fonda and Ted Turner
Alexandra Paul
James Worthy
Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins
Al Pacino
Alan Dershowitz
Tom Selleck
Patrick Dempsey
Jerry Seinfeld
David Lee Both
Axle Rose
E O Wilson
Wilt Chamberlin
Tom Arnold
Newt Gingrich
Sly Stallone
Isaiah Thomas
Michael Dukakis
Bruce Springsteen
Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell

Some pretty good stories too, but that's all for now.

I'm guessing you waited tables at The Ivy or Mezoluna ?

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sherri Sheppard on my flight from LGA -> ORD last night. She was taking pics with people in the airport, which is big points in my book... even though I can't imagine who would want a picture with her.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kal Penn at Redline in DC. Took a picture of him and my friend.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clint Eastwood playing golf outside of my hotel in Monterey last Friday afternoon.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Mila Kunis few weeks ago at a restaurant near Beverly Center.

Strangely, she was sitting outside facing the street so everyone would see her as they walked in. Zero paparazzi showed up.

There was also a TV above her dining area which played the NSA movie trailer at one point and her table of friends were laughing about it.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gruntle
Saw steve nash on W. Broadway few weeks ago. He was carying a skateboard walking with some chick in tights. Told him good luck next year, he responded thanks. GF laughed at me rest of the afternoon.

I can only assume that she was laughing at the ridiculousness of you assuming that there would be an NBA season next year.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Danny Glover, Cicely Tyson, Angela Bassett, and Jesse Jackson in downtown Indianapolis today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads