• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"uneducated and uninformed"

ScruffyLimey

Reaction score
"I see you're wearing a dickie bow"

"You never tied it yourself -- surely it's on a string?"

(I don't wear a bow tie often you understand, perhaps because whenever I do all this is so wearisome)

And a female work colleague whom I love dearly, fantastic worker & all, but who wears socks with cartoon characters on at work, this co-worker said I couldn't wear brown shoes with blue trousers.

metroman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coogie
its a perfectly fine question if you're a male

why would a man wear a watch with diamonds?

Reminds me of a time I went to a Waffle House in Arlington Texas.

I sat down on those spinning round padded bar stools and noticed the waitress was very sexy!

I always smiled at her and she liked my attention.

Then a Pink caddy rode on in and parked and a very old man like 78 years old got old wearing a
Texan cowboy gettup but in all pink wearing pink shades patent leather boots walked in.

He sat down and noticed she and I smiling at each other. He interuuped us by anouncing his name was Pinky and his friends call him PINKY and that the waitress was "HIS"

I wanted to fall down and laugh in tears but he was so serious! I went home and told my step father who was about the same age as pinky and he laughed his arse off and wanted to go there and see him and sure enough for dinner pinky was there and the two of us laughing got the entire place laughing and Pinky stormed outa there in a hurry.

Ha! stupid ole pinky........... looking at life though rose colored glasses in real life HAHAHAHA
rimshot.gif
tounge.gif

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ScruffyLimey
And a female work colleague whom I love dearly, fantastic worker & all, but who wears socks with cartoon characters on at work, this co-worker said I couldn't wear brown shoes with blue trousers.

Damn, I'd get fuckin' mad at that. In an Osbourne-Cox-kind-of-way.

andrewm

Reaction score
I left for class in a button down shirt and jeans and my roommate said, "Whoh, are you going to an interview or something?" I was really taken aback, so I just said "No, just going to class." Two seconds of silence, then "Man, baller." I really hate college kids sometimes.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Nice suit" when I am wearing an odd coat and slacks.
rolleyes.gif

Mustapha

Reaction score
Government worker brother and sister in law (lowest level office stuff) on seeing my cufflinks: 'why do you bother?'

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Damn, I'd get fuckin' mad at that. In an Osbourne-Cox-kind-of-way.

Remember, when you teach a man, you teach a person. When you teach a woman, you learn a lesson.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wearing a really great bespoke suit when someone said that it looked really good, and asked if it was Boss.
plain.gif
Fortunately, a lot of the the people I work with are fairly dressy, so I always have company. And there's always someone wearing cuff links or nice shoes or an expensive watch. Hell, my manager wears Vass shoes, so I can't go wrong dressing well.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend looked at my pocket square, and asked me "Whats the theme for this party you are going to?"

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Once a chick in a frat boy sports bar commented on my white linen pocket square: "why are you wearing a hankey?"

You look at her and in a quiet voice say "I could show you but it would take three hours and you already appear to have a boyfriend."

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"why do you look so metro?" AAARGGHHH!!!

AC7

Reaction score
"You left the bottom button unbuttoned your [suit] jacket."

I thanked them for pointing that out. Didn't know what else to say.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whenever i wear activewear clothing for sports, people tell me they're not used to seeing me not dressed up. blah.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AC7
"You left the bottom button unbuttoned your [suit] jacket."

I thanked them for pointing that out. Didn't know what else to say.

or "Why did you take the tag off your suit? How will people know what brand you are wearing!"
eh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicboy
"why do you look so metro?" AAARGGHHH!!!

I've gotten that. I didn't think I fit the metrosexual ideal, they are supposed to be hairless right?

Originally Posted by stickonatree
whenever i wear activewear clothing for sports, people tell me they're not used to seeing me not dressed up. blah.

So you don't work out in a 3 piece suit? loser....
tounge.gif

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone told me he dug my "cowboy look" this evening. It uh... wasn't exactly what I was going for but oh well. It was my wife's boss so I just said thanks! and moved on. I was wearing tan Peal wholecuts, jeans, a JV dress shirt, camel hair sport coat and a linen square. My lovely new wife accidentally washed the jeans in hot water so they are suddenly a bit more faded than I would like. Oh well. Now she knows. And at least they were only organic Levis. I'll be able to post a full pic tomorrow.
P1000143.jpg
P1000152.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads