• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

underwear

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need some underwear. I have been wearing Old Navy boxers for a while, my newest pair of underwear is about 5 years old, maybe even older.

lets say with 20 bucks a pair at the top limit to price, and with comfort the only real issue (although I am not wearing anything that look stupid) what do you suggest?

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers is all I have worn since college -- 20 years ago. They are a bit loose fitting and have a longer leg than many others, but I am tall, so they are perfect.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I jumped on MJK's bamboo undie deal last week ($15 a pair). My nether-region has never been so comfortable!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
I jumped on MJK's bamboo undie deal last week ($15 a pair). My nether-region has never been so comfortable!

sorry -MJK?

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bastard, that's half what I paid for mine. I'll get more.

Bamboo is much softer than cotton, and much more resistant to smelling. However, if you tend to sweat a lot, it seems to take a little longer to dry.

Also happy with PRL's boxer trunks, and, to a lesser extent, DKNY's (available at Filene's).

TheDroog

Reaction score
If you want to stick with boxers, try Target's Merona performance stretch boxers ($8). They're made of moisture wicking polyester, kind of like Dri-Fit underwear. I bought my first pair 2 weeks ago and they are by far the most comfortable boxers I've ever owned.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ He's a designer on streetwear.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cool, thanks

Berticus

Reaction score
I'd suggest silk boxers. Keep the Old Navy boxers for when you workout. I love the feeling of silk boxers! Feels very free. The only brands I know are Majestic, Intimo and Mansilk. Not sure of better brands.

pred02

Reaction score
I wear boxer-briefs, if you are well built you can pull it off.

I prefer the Hugo Boss white and black ones to CK ones (those now a days look like granny's panties in comparison) but both can be found for <$20. I think its 3 for $25 or something like that even online.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ripp and Sloggi frm online retailers if you want cotton with 2% lycra. I concur with silk suggestion. Tricot stretch silk material is the best for underwear although it could be somewhat expensive.
Also if you want silk to last, NEVER use softeners with it.

Berticus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pred02
I wear boxer-briefs, if you are well built you can pull it off.
I've been somewhat on the fence about boxer briefs. I have a pair of tightly fitted silk boxers and they make me look amazing. The issue I have though is that I can't find silk boxer briefs with patterns. They're always solid colors.
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Ripp and Sloggi frm online retailers if you want cotton with 2% lycra. I concur with silk suggestion. Tricot stretch silk material is the best for underwear although it could be somewhat expensive. Also if you want silk to last, NEVER use softeners with it.
Well typically you don't use machines to maintain silk undergarments. At least I don't. Handwash silk items, which is very easy. Toss them all into a big bowl of soapy cold water, swirl around a bit, rinse out with cold water, and then lay it out to dry.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who wears primarily briefs (I have a few pairs of boxer-briefs)? I like how they make me look (cut). Stanfields, Canadian-made, good enough for me. I feel like boxers were grade school underwear. I feel more adult in briefs.

Having said that, I bought some bamboo sheets the other day, and they are killer, so I would be interested in bamboo briefs or boxer-briefs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads