• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Underwear

European Interloper

Reaction score
I just wanted to know what underwear everyone here prefers? My girlfriend has been annoying me about my diverse collection, saying that I need to standardise. I believe I have yet to find the most comfortable and (dare I say it) sexy underwear, so I refuse to relinquish my ability to mix-and-match. Perhaps you could recommend a pair that you like for me to try?
--European Interloper

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wear black or grey boxer briefs. Classic and clean. Calvin Klein still makes the best ones. Boxers are okay too, but bunch up under more fitted pants. Tighty whities (i.e. white briefs) are for the under 13 set. For the sake of all that's good and holy don't wear thongs. Choose cotton. Leave the silk in the eighties.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
My favorite are boxer/briefs by Boss. The fit and feel the best.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
cK colored briefs, every color of the rainbow, to match shirt, or tie in a pinch...

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, if you want the best underwear, the undisputed champions are Hanro of Switzerland and Zimmerli. they are expensive, but the boxers and t-shirts can't be beat by any other manufactuer, as the swiss mercerized cotton is the finest avail. the boxers are much better, and more comfortable, than even silk.

Timothy

Reaction score
Interloper actually I've just recently picked up some boxers, and boxer-briefs, by Dolce e Gabbana, but have yet to wear them. If I find them to be good I'll post up my opinion on them. I found that the most comfortable boxers for me were by CK. As to 2Xist I like their A shirts.

Europe's Finest

Reaction score
I usually don't like their collections, but the underwear from Sean John is great: 100% silk, not too tight, not too loose, in fashionable colors matching your pants and shirts (black, baby blue, etc.), some have elegant patterns, and they are comfortable. Girls love 'em.
wink.gif

Arizona's Finest

Reaction score
*shrugs* Guess the cartoon characters of any sorts printed on Fruit of the Loom underwears aren't popular anymore.

thc

Reaction score
I like boxers from the gap or J. Crew. They're cheap, comfortable and suit me fine.

GatorStyle

Reaction score
I've recently become a big fan of 2(x)ist, boxers and t-shirts. Soft, combed-cotton feel, extremely comfortable, looks great and fits great.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today it is hot as hell in NYC and I'm wearing my only pair of silk boxers. I've always worn flannel or cotton boxers, but today realized that I should definatly get more silk. They are lighter, don't bunch up, and more comfortable.
I really don't care if thier not "in." It dosn't really matter cause comfort is always in.

Europe's Finest

Reaction score
@ Arizona's Finest: Was your last reply directed towards me? If so, I don't get what you are trying to say...

@ Mike C.: You are absolutely right, silk is great. I've much more cotton boxers (Boss, CK, Polo) than silk ones, I'm wearing those on "not so important days". But when it comes to women: My silk boxers are just a must. They fit much better, they look great on my azz (sorry.) and, like I said before, the ladies love 'em.

I usually don't wear silk, but it's great for boxers. I personally prefer a women with nice La Perla Silk Underwear than with Cotton...

Michael

Reaction score
EF: Arizona was teasing, because everyone knows Transformers briefs are what's in right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads